Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Is this honest

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, Mar 19 2017, 4:39 am
There is an Instagram called Olivia's Bebe and it looks like her products are from ali express. Is it honest business practice for her to buy products off their site and sell it? She doesn't claim that's it's great quality but there is something iffy about it to me.

real israeli

Post Sun, Mar 19 2017, 4:47 am
Yes it is.

There are many such insta accounts.

The reason they have a right to raise the price even though it's so easy for you to get on your own is: they already sorted through the site and found the "cute" stuff and you also don't have to wait weeks and weeks for shipping. Also hopefully their sizing is more accurate.

Smile1234

Post Sun, Mar 19 2017, 5:30 am
They aren't the only ones.

amother
Jade

Post Sun, Mar 19 2017, 9:07 am
I love Olivia Bebe! Cutest stuff and comes so fast. I can't start figuring out from a million pages what's going to work, she does all the leg work and gets it to me in a timely fashion for such great prices. Win win.

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Mar 19 2017, 9:25 am
Welcome to the world of business!
Where you pay for a service that others do for you..... Smile
Not even sure if its from alliexpress or not. But as others have posted, I appreciate that she does all the sifting, shipping.... and all that.

amother
Bisque

Post Sun, Mar 19 2017, 9:41 am
I have such a business. People know it's from AliExpress and they choose to buy from me anyway. I am doing all the work and they can return for a refund, exchange, etc... they are paying me for a service. Not one is forcing them to buy from me.

amother
Violet

Post Sun, Mar 19 2017, 9:47 am
Ironically, I was wondering if I was being totally honest. I often look at these sites to get ideas what to search for on AliExpress.

Queen6

Post Sun, Mar 19 2017, 9:55 am
Where do you think most the Instagram accounts and half the clothing stores today are getting their clothing from?1 Why is this not honest? If you want to deal with AlliExpress - go do that. No one is forcing you to buy from Instagram - it's your choice.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Mar 19 2017, 10:01 am
several years ago - only retailers could purchase from wholesalers, and retailers sold onto consumers. that model is changing..Now consumers can purchase directly from wholesalers (and deal with hassles in dealing with a wholesaler). The choice is yours!

But as one of the other posters mentioned - the ethical issue is 'window shopping' one place and purchasing somewhere else.

S11

Post Sun, Mar 19 2017, 10:12 pm
I would love to buy aliexpress clothingthrough Instagram and save myself the time it takes to sift through their website. What other Instagram stores sell aliexpress?

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, Mar 19 2017, 11:11 pm
Is there any way to check out her stuff if I dont have instagram? Great business idea. And to the woman who said she window shops at places like that and then buys from ali express- thats stealing. Bec u are stealing her time and effort from her business without intention to buy

real israeli

Post Sun, Mar 19 2017, 11:19 pm
amother wrote:
Is there any way to check out her stuff if I dont have instagram? Great business idea. And to the woman who said she window shops at places like that and then buys from ali express- thats stealing. Bec u are stealing her time and effort from her business without intention to buy

I don't have instagram. But don't agree that it's stealing. The service she offers is quicker shipping than Ali plus the possibility of returns and exchanges. When you order on Ali you need to wait weeks till it arrives and then risk that it's the wrong size. These businesses remove the risk and the wait time. Why is seeing what she likes in Ali stealing? She's not exactly giving you the search words to use for finding it

amother
Violet

Post Sun, Mar 19 2017, 11:24 pm
amother wrote:
Is there any way to check out her stuff if I dont have instagram? Great business idea. And to the woman who said she window shops at places like that and then buys from ali express- thats stealing. LBec u are stealing her time and effort from her business without intention to buy

I'd for sure agree with you if this was a brick and mortar store. We are taught that it is geneivas da'as to browse a store if you have no intention of buying. That is why, if I stop in a store and I'm not particularly looking for anything, I always make sure to tell the sales person or store owner that I'm just browsing. But someone who has an Instagram account, does not assume that everyone out even most of her followers are planning on buying. She is losing no time or effort over me. And I may still buy from her if it's more convenient. . I actually have bought from a brick and mortar store that sells from AliExpress, because I had the convenience of trying on the clothing for sizing and didn't have to wait for the long shipping. I knew I was able to get it for approximately half the price, but the site owner provided a service that I was willing to pay for.
I still do feel a bit uncomfortable, and would love to hear how these Instagram store owners feel about it.

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, Mar 19 2017, 11:25 pm
If you look at her site, its not stealing but there are stores that sell the same things and ppl go in, try on the clothes for sizing and then leave a mesa, take her time and then order from ali express. That's stealing!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics