Home

Shopping at BINGO for pesach

Report offensive ad

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

motherof5

Post  Sun, Mar 19 2017, 4:53 pm
HI, I am planning to drive into Brooklyn to shop for pesach. I have never been to Bingo, but was thinking it may be the cheapest option. Has anyone been there lately, can I get most of my pesach shopping done there? are the prices good?

Thanks so much!

mirror

Post  Sun, Mar 19 2017, 6:12 pm
Yes, the prices are good. The problem is that they don't offer free delivery. The store is not as busy as stores with a low fee delivery charge.

The only issue I have is the Cholov Yisroel Yogurts specifically, the prices are cheaper. However I sometimes find that the expiration dates are better in other stores. For Pesach, However, I am sure that the yogurts will have to be fresher since they didn't make Kosher for Pesach yogurts two months ago.

motherof5

Post  Sun, Mar 19 2017, 7:02 pm
Thanks for the response. Since I live in NJ, the lack of delivery is a non issue for me, I just want to know I can get everything there!

rydys

Post  Sun, Mar 19 2017, 7:14 pm
I was there today. They do seem to have most of the KLP foods. However, I was not impressed with the prices. I usually shop at Gourmet Glatt and the prices seemed comparable to me. Some of the specials were good, but I see those at other stores as well.

amother

Coffee

Post  Sun, Mar 19 2017, 7:25 pm
I heard that the blue pantry kosher lepesach line is much cheaper than the others

amother

Seafoam

Post  Sun, Mar 19 2017, 7:41 pm
amother wrote:
I heard that the blue pantry kosher lepesach line is much cheaper than the others

Is that bingos line?

amother

Forestgreen

Post  Sun, Mar 19 2017, 7:52 pm
amother wrote:
Is that bingos line?

Yes

amother

Amber

Post  Mon, Mar 20 2017, 12:27 pm
I was there yesterday too, after spending upwards of 500 at KRM, just to see how it compares.

KRM had everything on my list except for Chareidim Matza, which they only had the broken, Cider Vinegar and the plastic containers of ground nuts.

KRM had every brand of the good kosher cookies- Oberlander and Hagada brands, and everything else I wanted. Bingo had their own brand of cookies (one type) in a choice of bright yellow, bright pink and bright green. Nauseating looking.

I walked through the aisles of Bingo and wouldnt have gotten most of what was on my list there. No Pesach dried fruit, no Pesach whole nuts in plastic containers like KRM had. I ended up buying a different brand of Shmura Matzah (they opened a box to show how thin it is) there though at a very good price.
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h