Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Explicitly parve hechshers?

amother
Babypink

Post Thu, Mar 16 2017, 12:15 am
Why are some products labeled explicitly as parve when you can assume them to be parve if there's no indication of meat or dairy? I think I've seen this on other things too, but I recently noticed this on some Tofurky "sausages" -- one had the KSA symbol by itself, and one explicitly said it was parve. Same brand, same hechsher but one says parve one says nothing. Does anyone know why? Is it just a design choice or does it actually mean something?
Thanks!

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Mar 20 2017, 11:04 am
Anyone?

cbsp

Post Mon, Mar 20 2017, 2:14 pm
amother wrote:
Why are some products labeled explicitly as parve when you can assume them to be parve if there's no indication of meat or dairy? I think I've seen this on other things too, but I recently noticed this on some Tofurky "sausages" -- one had the KSA symbol by itself, and one explicitly said it was parve. Same brand, same hechsher but one says parve one says nothing. Does anyone know why? Is it just a design choice or does it actually mean something?
Thanks!

To quote my husband who's a kashrus professional:

That's usually the call of the company and not the hashgocha.

Hope that helps .
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen