Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
PAINT COLOR ADViCE NEEDED

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, Mar 20 2017, 10:28 pm
Have to choose color for front hallway of two family home and for the staircase walls going up to the second floor apartment. Want it to look light and airy but not sure whether to go with the creme, grey or possibly blue family. My personal preference is a very pale blush or rose pink.... warm and a hint of color...

amother
Orchid

Post Mon, Mar 20 2017, 10:31 pm
Don't remember colors, but I don't ever regret making my walls light. It's so airy!!

PassionFruit

Post Mon, Mar 20 2017, 10:31 pm
yellow/warm based cream. Pink is love or hate, so if another family is up there they may hate it. No one hates cream.

zaq

Post Mon, Mar 20 2017, 10:41 pm
ITA about the cream. Blue may be seen as chilly and Grey as chilly and depressing. Cream is neutral, and if it has a strong yellow content, it's the color of sunshine.

PassionFruit

Post Mon, Mar 20 2017, 10:47 pm
I said cream above, but I wanted to add something. You can do half the wall matte cream, and half the wall glossy cream, possibly with a boarder in between on the stair well. That can look really cool and take away the "boringness" of not having a color. Alternately, you can do pinstriped of matte and glossy--actually, I like that idea the best so far!

greenfire

Post Mon, Mar 20 2017, 11:20 pm
linen & crisp white look

or your rose idea is soft too
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics