Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Share your best Pesach tips!
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Gold

Post Wed, Mar 15 2017, 8:23 am
cheeseaddict- can you share what you make to freeze- that's a lot of meals! but would be so helpful if I could do that now.

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, Mar 21 2017, 12:21 pm
Thank you all for your tips! Here is a link to the article (starts on page 60). Let me know if it doesn't work and I can try to scan and upload.

little neshamala

Post Tue, Mar 21 2017, 12:32 pm
amother wrote:
I have a pessachdig crockpot- my lifesaver

I start 2 weeks before pesach and every night I cook a dish: bbq brisket, gulash, chicken wings, roast chicken with orange sauce, saurkraut beef, meetballs with tomatosauce, beef and chicken stock...

every night for 7-9 hours the food cooks. next day when I return from work the dish is cooled, I put it in plastic disposable containers, label and freeze. I rinse the crockpot and toss another load.... repeat this 14 times and your freezer is packed with yummy pessachfood.

this way I only have to make fresh salads, seder plate, fish and maybe a sidedish on erev pessach itself.

also we have guests chol ha moed and we like to go on trips- I hardly ever cook during the pesachweek- I just defrost and heat up- honestly, if served nicely with fresh herbs, lemonslices etc... it tastes just like fesh out of the oven.

Oh please please can you share the recipes you make in the crocpot for pesach...this is amazing

boysrus

Post Tue, Mar 21 2017, 12:45 pm
cant get the article to work Sad
could you possibly scan it in and post in full please? I would really love to read it! thanks

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, Mar 21 2017, 1:10 pm
Hmm... I managed to save it as a pdf, any idea how to get that on here?

Ruchel

Post Tue, Mar 21 2017, 1:48 pm
I buy everything that can be bought before Pessach price rise.
I buy everything that can be bought klp all year long/not needing a klp certification.
I remind myself it's ONE WEEK.

As rabbis beg every year, chametz != dust, and Pessah putz != spring clean. My goal is to be fine for the sedarim.

amother
Wine

Post Tue, Mar 21 2017, 1:55 pm
amother wrote:
Thank you all for your tips! Here is a link to the article (starts on page 60). Let me know if it doesn't work and I can try to scan and upload.

Thanks! Nice article!

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, Mar 21 2017, 1:55 pm
Okay, let's see if this works.

ETA: not working Confused Suggestions?

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, Mar 21 2017, 8:37 pm
amother wrote:
Thanks! Nice article!

Thank you! Any idea how to upload it properly for those who can't access it? I have it saved as in jpg files.

imasinger

Post Tue, Mar 21 2017, 9:05 pm
Can't figure out how else to upload it, but it came out great! Thanks for sharing.

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, Mar 21 2017, 9:16 pm
Thanks! Some of the formatting got messed up but that's the layout department Wink and my original intro had a shout-out to the assorted women who shared their tips (not sure why the editors cut it).

OOTBubby

Post Tue, Mar 21 2017, 9:17 pm
You can create a PDF and upload it to DropBox or similar cloud storage and then share a link to that (then people could also download and save it).

amother
Bronze

Post Wed, Mar 22 2017, 10:10 am
OOTBubby wrote:
You can create a PDF and upload it to DropBox or similar cloud storage and then share a link to that (then people could also download and save it).

Would that enable people to see my real DropBox account?

OOTBubby

Post Wed, Mar 22 2017, 10:31 am
amother wrote:
Would that enable people to see my real DropBox account?

No, you would only share the link to that one file. If you're nervous about it, PM me and I'll give you an email address and I'll put it up on one of my cloud accounts and will put a link here.

amother
Bronze

Post Wed, Mar 22 2017, 10:36 am
Thanks! Here's the link.

OOTBubby

Post Wed, Mar 22 2017, 10:37 am
amother wrote:
Thanks! Here's the link.

Thanks.

boysrus

Post Wed, Mar 22 2017, 12:45 pm
thank you, its working! going to read it now!

amother
Bronze

Post Wed, Mar 22 2017, 2:11 pm
Great! Glad it's working.

boysrus

Post Wed, Mar 22 2017, 2:53 pm
Just read it, very nice, thanks!

Smiling Wife

Post Wed, Mar 22 2017, 3:41 pm
Google calendar!!! I set notifications year to year on gcal...For example this year my calendar had a notification reminding me to order meat , I set the notification last year when I placed my meat order way too late...My calendar also has a reminder set up with a small note about what worked and what didn't work last yr
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics