Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Are there pro-meat eating documentaries?

agreer

Post Wed, Mar 22 2017, 1:25 pm
My coworker is annoying me. She's so smug because she has recently become "educated" by watching netflix and listening to podcasts re: going vegan.

She WANTS to engage in discussion, but she keeps saying, "Show me the facts" (she's very loose with the term "facts").

Is there such a thing as a pro-eating meat documentary or podcast?

Is there a place where I can get reliable, statistical information that shows eating meat isn't super terrible?

I know I won't win an argument, and I'm not asking for advice on how to handle it. I just need to know if the stats supporting meat eating exist somewhere.

tichellady

Post Wed, Mar 22 2017, 1:33 pm
This seems like a losing argument. I would just say you don't want to discuss it and you are happy for her that she has made a lifestyle choice that she finds meaningful

Last edited by tichellady on Wed, Mar 22 2017, 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

water_bear88

Post Wed, Mar 22 2017, 1:56 pm
There's a Ted talk, or maybe TedX, on flexitarianism. Advocating for a reduction in meat consumption without completely abstaining- as in the problem is how much we as a society consume, not the fact that we consume meat.

tichellady

Post Wed, Mar 22 2017, 2:12 pm
No one will argue that our current emphasis on eating meat is healthy for us,good for the environment and that the meat industry is ethical. Sorry! There are clearly more ethical and environmentally responsible and healthy ways to raise and eat meat, but you are not going to find compelling evidence that the status quo is good. You could argue that society has bigger issues to deal with and when concern about animal cruelty rises, people show more cruelty to other humans but I'm not sure there is real evidence of that and it still implies that the ideal would be treating animals and humans better
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics