Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Cherry hill

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Wed, Mar 22 2017, 1:35 pm
Anyone from here live in Cherry Hill, NJ?

In the summer, I want to go visit the place and check the area. So far, I've just heard a little about it (and checked the shul's website). It seems like a lovely place with beautiful homes (and not that expensive, compared to NYC homes!). I'd love for my family to move to a place like this ASAP, but first my husband would have to find a teaching job near the area. I did read the other thread that Northeast Philly has an affordable jewish community and isn't far away from Cherry Hill. However, I always wanted to live in a suburb and a quiet neighborhood. Of course, the community needs to be friendly. I did read on the website that there are yeshivas around, however, can anyone share how much full tuition is for elementary?? is it easy to get scholarships? My main concern is tuition because I don't want us to pay higher tuition than what we pay for our kids in NY.

So is Cherry Hill a great and safe place for families (with young kids) to live in? Are the people not judgmental? we're sefaradim and modern orthodox.

So far I've been impressed hearing about it, I'd love to hear more and hopefully we can make a visit in the summer. Thanks.

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, Mar 22 2017, 3:26 pm
Hi. We love in cherry hill and we love it here. The elementary school is apprx 10k (if you pay upfront) or 13k spread out. There are options for scholarships but they are not particularly easy to get. Lmk if you have other questions

seeker

Post Wed, Mar 22 2017, 5:25 pm
From what I've heard, a great many Cherry Hill residents work in or around Philadelphia, so you can spread out the job search. Some also send kids to schools in Philly, not sure how cost compares but you could look at the options. I visited Cherry Hill once, it was literally ten minutes out of Philly, so it's the best of both worlds in terms of suburban surroundings with urban conveniences.

amother
Peach

Post Wed, Mar 22 2017, 6:43 pm
I live in cherry hill but my kids are too young for school so unsure if tuition. I'm assuming you looked at the west side I'm not sure about a sephardic Minyan there. There is also the east side which has an eiruv and a pretty big sephardic comunity, there is a sephardic Minyan., an Israeli minyan, chabad and torah links.

DVOM

Post Wed, Mar 22 2017, 7:07 pm
Watching this post with great interest! We are also considering a move to Cherry Hill as my husband begins grad school in Philadelphia in a few months.

Amother Emerald, is that 10k per child? We have 3 school aged children. Would there be a multiple children discount?

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, Mar 22 2017, 7:11 pm
There is a Sephardic minyan on the west side as well. It's small but very nice. As far as 3 children in the school, I think the automatic discount is after 5 kids but I'm not entirely sure

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Wed, Mar 22 2017, 8:23 pm
DVOM wrote:
Watching this post with great interest! We are also considering a move to Cherry Hill as my husband begins grad school in Philadelphia in a few months.

Amother Emerald, is that 10k per child? We have 3 school aged children. Would there be a multiple children discount?

Same with mine...also 3 kids. There's also pro and cons when moving. So the houses are cheaper over there, however, I might not be able to get cheaper tuition (compared to the one in queens with scholarships). I'm hoping the schools near Cherry Hill will be able to help families and give discounts/scholarships because tuition is crazy for just 3 kids!!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating