Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Desserts
Easy Ice Cream Dessert W/O Raw Eggs?
Previous  1  2

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Sep 30 2016, 11:54 am
Take one graham cracker crust.
Pour 16 - 32 oz. whip, unwhipped, inside. (I've seen measurements vary. I'd probably do about 24 oz.) Crumble sandwhich cookies inside. Freeze.
Easy, no raw eggs. Not exactly healthy in any possible way though ;-)

mommy27

Post Fri, Sep 30 2016, 12:04 pm
I just heard from someone else that she knows vegans use something called aquafaba instead of egg whites in ice cream and meringues and mousse. It's the liquid from the can of chickpeas and apparently whips up nicely. You could probably google some recipes for it. She said there were some easy ones out there.

simcha2

Post Fri, Sep 30 2016, 1:21 pm
bsy wrote:
This one is super easy....

1 dessert whip
1 marshmallow fluff
1 bag frozen strawberries

Beat whip until stiff, add fluff and defrosted strawberries, mix. Can top with chocolate chips/sprinkles/sliced kiwi. Can freeze in pan/container or cupcake holders for easy

Just a FYI that marshmallow fluff contains raw eggs, so if you are avoiding for allergy reasons this can be a problem.

ruchelbuckle

Post Thu, Oct 13 2016, 6:06 pm
I pasturize eggs before I make ice cream. Does that help you at all? you can google directions how to do it. Basically, you heat water to about 150 degrees, and let the eggs "cook" in it for about 4 minutes.

does this make it less gross for you?

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Oct 13 2016, 7:36 pm
ruchelbuckle wrote:
I pasturize eggs before I make ice cream. Does that help you at all? you can google directions how to do it. Basically, you heat water to about 150 degrees, and let the eggs "cook" in it for about 4 minutes.

does this make it less gross for you?

Do the whites still whip up?

tag

Post Fri, Oct 14 2016, 9:58 am
chayalle can u please post the recipe. thanks

Grateful2bhere

Post Wed, Mar 22 2017, 2:10 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
Take one graham cracker crust.
Pour 16 - 32 oz. whip, unwhipped...

I'm new to frozen dessert making,& am noticing some wother unwhipped whip, & some whipped with pareve milk & sugar added. Can anyone let me know what difference it makes in the final product? (Any variation ie with crumbled cookies or frozen fruit added) Thanks!

ra_mom

Post Wed, Mar 22 2017, 2:44 pm
Grateful2bhere wrote:
I'm new to frozen dessert making,& am noticing some wother unwhipped whip, & some whipped with pareve milk & sugar added. Can anyone let me know what difference it makes in the final product? (Any variation ie with crumbled cookies or frozen fruit added) Thanks!

When you whip the liquid topping with sugar, the liquid grows into stiff peaks and you get whipped cream. Freezing this will result in creamy fluffy ice cream.
The recipe you quoted above that doesn't require whipping is a quick cheat recipe for pie that is still delcious but doesn't have that fluffiness.

Sunny Days

Post Wed, Mar 22 2017, 11:01 pm
chani8 wrote:
Edited to say, sorry, I missed the pareve part. For non-dairy, I use coconut cream/milk. Not everyone likes coconut milk. Never tried it with other pareve milks.

Here is my favorite recipe. It does not require exact measurements.

In order, into the food processor:

1 liter of milk. Is that about 1/2 gallon?
2/3 cup of cocoa
2/3 cup of oats (or chia seeds if you're a health freak)
2/3 cup of sugar

Process well.
Freeze in two ice cream containers.

Then I do an extra step of thawing it and blending it again, which gets it creamier. Then freeze. Allow to thaw about 1/2 hour before eating.

Another version is to take 5 bananas. Process them. Add the milk. Skip the cocoa. Add the oats. Use less sugar if the bananas are really sweet. Then process well. And freeze, blend, freeze.

Now that I've shared all that, this recipe may not look super fancy unless you can run it through the processor before serving.

Oh, and like all homemade ice cream, you can add nuts or crushed cookies, after the second processing.

Can I omit the cocoa and add vanilla extract​ or fruits for different flavor?
How do u think it would taste with coconut milk and chia seeds? Btw I don't think chia blends well. I once tried making pudding and it remained whole.

cbg

Post Thu, Mar 23 2017, 8:41 am
Google search
Raw Vegan icecream
Lots of very healthy options
Last peasach I ate normal Pesach food, and ate LOTS of raw vegan desserts and I lost 3 lbs.
So healthy you can eat it for breakfast no guilt.
Oh, and it's Pesach friendly

thanks

Post Thu, Mar 23 2017, 9:52 am
I beat the eggs over the stove to make a yummy lemon sorbet. It's a pesach recipe, so I didn'ttake it it out yet.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics