Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Trump’s Wiretapping Claim
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

youngishbear

Post Wed, Mar 15 2017, 6:46 pm
This is stupid.

Trump is mean, petty, self-aggrandizing, narcissistic, vindictive, and bombastic. These were my own conclusions from watching him in action.

I agree with whoever said that I never felt this way about any Republican. Oh, they made me angry - Commander-in-thief, especially! - but I always believed they wanted what was best for this country and simply defined that differently than me. With Trump it's all about him, and his rich cronies, with short-sighted popularity contests and ridiculous feuds. That evokes a visceral reaction. I don't know if hate is the right word, but turned-off, appalled, disgusted, horrified, and worried about power in his hands all come close.

The more blase the right remains, pretending not to understand this, the more our horror grows. Half this country is willing to turn a blind eye, enabling this and even whitewashing? It's infuriating.

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Mar 15 2017, 6:47 pm
JoyInTheMorning wrote:
Fox, SixofWands and Jeanette have explained the differences between what Trump did and what Bill Clinton did. To me, the essential differences are (1) physical force vs. no physical force and (2) whether it was done/discussed in public. Regarding (1): Trump physically forced himself on women, groping and grabbing them. He barged into a dressing room to violate women's privacy. There is no evidence that Clinton did anything like that. I am not saying an affair where there's a mismatch in power is a great idea, but that's not comparable to physically forcing s-xual contact. Not to mention that if that's your standard, very powerful people, whether presidents or billionaires, will always be guilty on that account. Regarding (2): Trump repeatedly spoke in public (e.g., radio shows) about his exploits. He has shown no shame. Clinton did something disgusting, but didn't voluntarily publicize it.

Even though I consider Bill Clinton to have committed less egregious offenses, they were bad enough that I would never vote for him again. His sleaziness is a big turn-off for me.

But that isn't the question, in any case. You are surprised that people could viscerally hate Donald Trump. I don't hate Bill Clinton, though I like him much less than I did before I found out the details of the Lewinsky affair. But I would not be shocked if people told me they hated Bill Clinton. Why are you so shocked that people hate Donald Trump?

Marla Maples was 24 when she started her affair with Donald Trump. Given how powerful he was, I'm sure that Fox has the same problem with that affair that she did with Clinton-Lewinsky.

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Mar 15 2017, 6:50 pm
youngishbear wrote:
This is stupid.

Trump is mean, petty, self-aggrandizing, narcissistic, vindictive, and bombastic. These were my own conclusions from watching him in action.

I agree with whoever said that I never felt this way about any Republican. Oh, they made me angry - Commander-in-thief, especially! - but I always believed they wanted what was best for this country and simply defined that differently than me. With Trump it's all about him, and his rich cronies, with short-sighted popularity contests and ridiculous feuds. That evokes a visceral reaction. I don't know if hate is the right word, but turned-off, appalled, disgusted, horrified, and worried about power in his hands all come close.

The more blase the right remains, pretending not to understand this, the more our horror grows. Half this country is willing to turn a blind eye, enabling this and even whitewashing? It's infuriating.

But, but, but .... Monica Lewinsky! Emails! Microwaves! Benghazi, for heaven's sake! Forget about Trump. He's just the President. Think about how bad Hilary was!

Jeanette

Post Wed, Mar 15 2017, 7:14 pm
Quote:

That's funny, I don't recall Breitbart calling Obama "mentally ill." I don't recall celebrities calling for Obama's assassination. I don't recall news anchors literally weeping when Obama was elected.

I do recall defending President Obama on Imamother back in 2008, when some people said the world was ending and others responded that they must be racists. However, my fingernails survived that election without threat. Although one Imamother gave me grief about my economics education. After apparently acquitting myself to her satisfaction, she said, "Oh, well, I thought maybe you were one of those rah-rah patriotic types." e:

I wasn't here in 2008 and can't comment on discussion here. But are you denying the hysteria on the right for the past 8 years towards Hussein Osama? Are we forgetting who spent 8 years looking for a Kenyan birth certificate? Oh right it was Hillary.

And the hype continues, of a shadow government by Obama, but it might be true, could be true (based on a few quotes taken wildly out of context). Nope, no hysteria there.

Seriously I don't think you believe your own arguments. Like our very own commander-in-chief you get a thrill out of gaslighting.

Fox

Post Wed, Mar 15 2017, 8:41 pm
Jeanette wrote:
Seriously I don't think you believe your own arguments. Like our very own commander-in-chief you get a thrill out of gaslighting.

Lol, you don't know me very well, then. Besides, I think you mean trolling, not gaslighting.

Fifty years ago, the left was on the side of freedom, individual empowerment, and innovative problem-solving.

Today, the left seems to want to claim the monopoly on permanent victimhood, identity politics, dependency on government, and "the soft bigotry of low expectations."

If the left has any ideas or values aside from complaining and being offended, no one can locate them.

I read Mother Jones regularly, and while I realize that hardly covers the panoply of progressive thought, it seems to do a decent job documenting trends. They used to do great work documenting instances of incompetence and injustice. But they, too, have succumbed to the easy lure of grievance journalism. For example, one article I read today suggests that Steve Bannon became an "economic nationalist" because his father lost money in the stock market in 2008. Then the article concludes that such a thesis doesn't make sense. Huh?

It truly doesn't bother me to be made fun of here on Imamother or elsewhere. In fact, it's a great reminder to "go high when they go low." I don't call people names; I try not to be too sarcastic; I try to keep a sense of humor; I try to respond thoughtfully and honestly to the PMs I get. I do draw the line when people envision ripping out my fingernails, though, so having said my piece, I'll once again disengage.

Jeanette

Post Wed, Mar 15 2017, 10:02 pm
The above was one long non-sequitor. In particular I'm scratching my head on how the steve bannon anecdote made its way in here.

But if you want to make general observations about the left, this is the wrong context to do so. It doesn't take a raging leftist to be befuddled, disturbed and outraged at the tactics of Donald Trump and the passive acceptance within his party. Nothing has made me question the right wing agenda more than the rise of trump. I used to take it for granted that the right was more patriotic than the left. Once you're willing to hand the country over to the likes of trump you've lost all claims to patriotism. This may yet be the most enduring legacy of the 2016 election.

Imale1

Post Thu, Mar 16 2017, 12:04 am
I have heard that there is some evidence that Trump was tapped. However, I am more concerned with Jews not recognizing that despite Trump's mouth he will be a good president for the Jews better than anyone that we have had in a long time. He respects Israel's right to defend itself. Finally a president who won't condemn us for defending ourselves from crazy Muslim terrorists. Whenever there has been a terror attach Obama has defended the Muslim's and claimed that they have a peaceful religion. Sure, chopping people's heads off, stabbing innocent people and children, suicide bombers, (the list goes on,) sounds very peaceful to me. I'm assuming your intelligent enough to recognize the sarcasm of the previous sentence.

I'm not sure whether the accusations against Trump are true or not but he has never been convicted and the women who accused him or rape did so after he was running for president, so it could be that they accused him for political reasons and he is innocent. However, Bill Clinton has been convicted of rape. He has raped multiple women (not at the same time). In addition, Hillary Rodham Clinton has defended a rapist of a 12 year old girl when she was a lawyer before she was married. There was no denying that the girl was raped so Hillary Rodham Clinton decided to blame the rape on the girl and say that she fantasized about her own rape. She had her go through some kind of psychological testing and she had her repeat what happened more times than necessary which re-traumatizes the victim, the victim relives their negative experience. Hillary also threatened the woman that Bill Clinton raped.

marina

Post Thu, Mar 16 2017, 12:46 am
Imale' wrote:
I have heard that there is some evidence that Trump was tapped. However, I am more concerned with Jews not recognizing that despite Trump's mouth he will be a good president for the Jews better than anyone that we have had in a long time. He respects Israel's right to defend itself. Finally a president who won't condemn us for defending ourselves from crazy Muslim terrorists. Whenever there has been a terror attach Obama has defended the Muslim's and claimed that they have a peaceful religion. Sure, chopping people's heads off, stabbing innocent people and children, suicide bombers, (the list goes on,) sounds very peaceful to me. I'm assuming your intelligent enough to recognize the sarcasm of the previous sentence.

I'm not sure whether the accusations against Trump are true or not but he has never been convicted and the women who accused him or rape did so after he was running for president, so it could be that they accused him for political reasons and he is innocent. However, Bill Clinton has been convicted of rape. He has raped multiple women (not at the same time). In addition, Hillary Rodham Clinton has defended a rapist of a 12 year old girl when she was a lawyer before she was married. There was no denying that the girl was raped so Hillary Rodham Clinton decided to blame the rape on the girl and say that she fantasized about her own rape. She had her go through some kind of psychological testing and she had her repeat what happened more times than necessary which re-traumatizes the victim, the victim relives their negative experience. Hillary also threatened the woman that Bill Clinton raped.

This is what happens when you get your news from Breitbart, everyone. Pay attention- it could happen to you too.

sequoia

Post Thu, Mar 16 2017, 1:18 am
See this is why I rarely post anonymously. With the best effort, I *can't* recreate that spelling/grammar.

JoyInTheMorning

Post Thu, Mar 16 2017, 3:25 am
Imale' wrote:

Imale', where are you getting all this nonsense from?
1. What makes you think Trump will be better for Jews than Obama was, or than Hillary would have been? Trump has hired senior advisers who are closely connected to right-wing extremist groups that support the KKK. He has also pledged to reduce foreign aid, something that Israel has received a lot of, especially from Obama. Moreover, Trump has told Netanyahu to stop new building activity in settlements.

2. Ivana Trump, DT's first wife, accused him of rape long, long before he entered politics -- when she filed for divorce.

3. Bill Clinton has never been convicted of rape.

4. Hillary Clinton was assigned to defend an accused rapist. She did so despite her reluctance to take on the case, because a judge had specifically asked her to. Once she took the case, it was her responsibility as a lawyer to defend him in the best way possible, in the same way as it became Alan Dershowitz's responsibility to defend O.J. Simpson once he became appellate advisor to Simpson's defense team.

Any more "alternative facts" you want to post?

Imale1

Post Thu, Mar 16 2017, 10:07 pm
Just because Hillary was chosen as a defense attorney does not make it right for her to defend him to the extent that she did. She had the rapist get a much lighter sentence because of her phony defense that the victim was emotionally unstable and would seek out older men and would fantasize about her own rape. Despite the fact that the violent rape caused the girl to go into a coma, she was beaten and raped with blood on her underwear and she had to have stitches down below and unfortunately was not able to have children because of this vicious rape.

https://www.infowars.com/buste.....less/

Last edited by Imale1 on Thu, Mar 16 2017, 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

MagentaYenta

Post Thu, Mar 16 2017, 10:12 pm
Imale' wrote:
Just because Hillary was chosen as a defense attorney does not make it right for her to defend him to the extent that she did. ...

You have a very poor understanding of the duties of a defense atny. appointed or otherwise.

Jeanette

Post Fri, Mar 17 2017, 8:45 am
Now the White House is blaming UK for carrying out the wiretapping. Good Lord.

Never mind. Fake news. Never happened. Just the left that can't get over losing an election.

JoyInTheMorning

Post Fri, Mar 17 2017, 10:17 am
I absolutely cannot understand how anyone can take the Infowars site seriously. Alex Jones, who runs the site, has claimed that Israelis were behind the September 11 attacks and that the Sandy Hook massacre never happened. This is in no way a credible site.

SixOfWands

Post Fri, Mar 17 2017, 10:35 am
marina wrote:
This is what happens when you get your news from Breitbart, everyone. Pay attention- it could happen to you too.

TBH, I don't even think that Breitbart is this bad. Maybe Alex "Israel had a role in the 9/11 attacks; Sandy Hook was staged, so let's harass the parents" Jones.

SixOfWands

Post Fri, Mar 17 2017, 10:40 am
Jeanette wrote:
Now the White House is blaming UK for carrying out the wiretapping. Good Lord.

Never mind. Fake news. Never happened. Just the left that can't get over losing an election.

The US had to apologize for that statement.

Spicer's mistake, apparently, was not putting WIRETAP in quotation marks. Because if you put it in quotes, it doesn't really mean wiretapping. It means a lot of other things. And I've read things, you know. Things that support me. And those things are very important. Some of them come from the NY Times. Which I don't trust; its failing. But it did say things. And why is no one talking about those quotation marks!

SixOfWands

Post Fri, Mar 17 2017, 10:52 am
JoyInTheMorning wrote:
Imale', where are you getting all this nonsense from?
1. What makes you think Trump will be better for Jews than Obama was, or than Hillary would have been? Trump has hired senior advisers who are closely connected to right-wing extremist groups that support the KKK. He has also pledged to reduce foreign aid, something that Israel has received a lot of, especially from Obama. Moreover, Trump has told Netanyahu to stop new building activity in settlements.

2. Ivana Trump, DT's first wife, accused him of rape long, long before he entered politics -- when she filed for divorce.

3. Bill Clinton has never been convicted of rape.

4. Hillary Clinton was assigned to defend an accused rapist. She did so despite her reluctance to take on the case, because a judge had specifically asked her to. Once she took the case, it was her responsibility as a lawyer to defend him in the best way possible, in the same way as it became Alan Dershowitz's responsibility to defend O.J. Simpson once he became appellate advisor to Simpson's defense team.

Any more "alternative facts" you want to post?

Bill Clinton was accused of z3xual misconduct by several women. But he was only accused of rape by one, Juanita Broaddrick. She states in an affidavit (ie, under oath), "I repeatedly denied the allegations [of rape] and requested that my family’s privacy be respected. These allegations [of rape] are untrue and I had hoped that they would no longer haunt me, or cause further disruption to my family.” She later recanted, but not under oath. So, was she lying under oath, or was she lying afterwards? She claims that she ran into Hillary Clinton at a political rally Broaddrick had promised friends she would attend. Hillary shook her hand and thanked her for everything she had done for Bill. Broaddrick claimed that, "the gesture felt like a threat to stay silent."

As to Clinton's defense of a rapist: (1) She was appointed as counsel because the defendant demanded a woman attorney. She asked to be relieved of the case, and the court denied her request. (This is not particularly unusual, BTW. Courts not infrequently refuse to allow counsel to withdraw from a case.) (She was recommended to the judge by a prosecutor. Teh prosecutor later said, "Gibson said Clinton called him shortly after the judge assigned her to the case and said, “I don’t want to represent this guy. I just can’t stand this. I don’t want to get involved. Can you get me off?” “I told her, ‘Well contact the judge and see what he says about it,’ but I also said don’t jump on him and make him mad,” Gibson said. “She contacted the judge and the judge didn’t remove her and she stayed on the case.”) (2) He actually pled guilty albeit to a lesser charge.

Imale1

Post Fri, Mar 24 2017, 1:07 am
Watch the O'Reilly Factor
Revelations on alleged surveillance of the Trump Campaign | Fox News Video

video.foxnews.com/v/5369140935001/?playlist_id=930909812001#sp=show-clips
Page 6 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 Recent Topics