Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Recent article-dealing w difficult child method

penguin

Post Tue, Mar 21 2017, 3:00 pm
Sorry if my title doesn't read well, I wanted to get everything in.
So basically, 3 or 4 weeks ago there was an article (of course I can't recall which publication) about a mother who learned a new technique for dealing with a challenging, defiant type of child.

In the interest of de-cluttering before Pesach I will bli neder no longer retain stacks of magazines on my night table, waiting for me to cut out or scan important articles to be shared with friends and family. No, I will instead come on here and hope someone remembers the relevant details.

I am sure that with the name of the method I can google it and find some useful summaries. I know someone who might be able to benefit from the information, so your help tracking this down will be much appreciated.

Extra thanks if anyone has used the method (whatever it may be) and can report miraculous results!

penguin

Post Fri, Mar 24 2017, 12:12 am
BUMP

yogabird

Post Fri, Mar 24 2017, 12:58 am
Don't remember the name of the method, but the article was in family first and it was called everyone needs a Hindy.

penguin

Post Fri, Mar 24 2017, 1:10 am
Amazing! Thank you, YB!
Here's the article!

Edited to add - but not the conclusion. At least I know which issues to look for now!

amother
Slateblue

Post Fri, Mar 24 2017, 1:53 am
I also have a Hindy, so when you find the name of the method if you can please post it, I would really appreciate it!

amother
Silver

Post Fri, Mar 24 2017, 9:12 am
Can anyone post the rest of that article? Please?

amother
Natural

Post Fri, Mar 24 2017, 2:51 pm
It's PCIT (Parent Child Interaction Therapy). I know that Dr. Koslowitz does it in Lakewood (she has the whole room with one-way glass setup) etc.

It's an expensive treatment because it's very labor intensive, but I have personal experience that it works.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room