Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Chicago Restaurant for Dinner

amother
Sienna

Post Mon, Mar 20 2017, 3:36 pm
I'm looking for a restaurant to eat dinner at. We're at the McCormick Place. I understand we're downtown and not necessarily near the kosher restaurants but any quick help would be appreciated.

mha3484

Post Mon, Mar 20 2017, 3:38 pm
You can take an Uber to Milts BBQ in Lakeview it's really yummy.

amother
Sienna

Post Mon, Mar 20 2017, 3:50 pm
mha3484 wrote:
You can take an Uber to Milts BBQ in Lakeview it's really yummy.

Thanks a ton! Their earliest reservation is for 9pm. We might just wait it out but if you have any other suggestions we'd great appreciate it! Thanks mha3484.

behappysk

Post Mon, Mar 20 2017, 4:49 pm
Shallots. Not sure where exactly it is

Lilibet

Post Fri, Mar 24 2017, 6:19 am
Anyone staying downtown should absolutely take the subway to Milt's BBQ for the Perplexed. Not just for the name, and the vibe, but for the great food. (you can absolutely take colleagues; they'll love you for it.) quick cab ride at non-rush hour.

OOTBubby

Post Fri, Mar 24 2017, 7:23 am
Lilibet wrote:
Anyone staying downtown should absolutely take the subway to Milt's BBQ for the Perplexed. Not just for the name, and the vibe, but for the great food. (you can absolutely take colleagues; they'll love you for it.) quick cab ride at non-rush hour.

But you must call first. The place is very small and may be fully booked for the evening.

doctorima

Post Fri, Mar 24 2017, 7:27 am
Shallots is by far the nicest and classiest in town, though it's not cheap and far from where you're staying. Milt's is the best nearby option. You could also look into Ken's Diner, depending what budget and atmosphere you're seeking.

amother
Sienna

Post Fri, Mar 24 2017, 9:15 am
Thanks everyone! We called all around and most places were booked until late in the evening so we ended up at Evita.

OOTBubby

Post Fri, Mar 24 2017, 11:43 am
amother wrote:
Thanks everyone! We called all around and most places were booked until late in the evening so we ended up at Evita.

Evita is relatively knew, I tend to forget about it (even though it is the closest restaurant to my house).

How was it?

amother
Sienna

Post Fri, Mar 24 2017, 11:53 am
OOTBubby wrote:
Evita is relatively knew, I tend to forget about it (even though it is the closest restaurant to my house).

How was it?

I think it could have been better if we hadn't started off with a $50 platter of old appetizers. Maybe we shouldn't have ordered that at a steakhouse and I wasn't planning to but dh really wanted to try it. All in all we were happy we had a place to eat being that the trip was so last minute and we didn't make prior arrangements. Tongue Out

OOTBubby

Post Fri, Mar 24 2017, 11:55 am
amother wrote:
I think it could have been better if we hadn't started off with a $50 platter of old appetizers. Maybe we shouldn't have ordered that at a steakhouse and I wasn't planning to but dh really wanted to try it. All in all we were happy we had a place to eat being that the trip was so last minute and we didn't make prior arrangements. Tongue Out

If there's a next time you should try to get to Shallots.

amother
Sienna

Post Fri, Mar 24 2017, 11:58 am
OOTBubby wrote:
If there's a next time you should try to get to Shallots.

That's the plan! If there's a next time I will iyh make prior reservations. Tongue Out When we called Shallots there was a 3 hour wait and we were already starving so we had to find a place that had availability right away.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics