Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
So much for repeal and replace.
1  2  Next

MagentaYenta

Post Fri, Mar 24 2017, 5:39 pm
Even with a majority in the house and the senate the president was unable to close the deal.

The question is, what's next? Oh not just on the health coverage front, but with his next campaign? He's late on defeating ISIS and a couple of other first 30 day goals, perhaps the president will revisit those next? Or get a handle on the budget?

Maya

Post Fri, Mar 24 2017, 6:05 pm
If I remember correctly, the president said that tax reform is next on the agenda.

Jeanette

Post Fri, Mar 24 2017, 6:23 pm
Ryan's fault. Democrats fault. Obama's fault. Preibus fault. Media's fault. Everyone's fault except the one sitting in the oval office.

MagentaYenta

Post Fri, Mar 24 2017, 6:26 pm
Jeanette wrote:
Ryan's fault. Democrats fault. Obama's fault. Preibus fault. Media's fault. Everyone's fault except the one sitting in the oval office.

I just read that our president is claiming this was a democratic bill. Huh? There will be lots of rewrites of this particular piece of history.

DrMom

Post Sat, Mar 25 2017, 1:16 pm
I am not surprised.

I thought the bill was hastily thrown together and did not repeal many of the most problematic aspects of Obamacare.

He should have put more thought into the legislation, and into getting a consensus from his fellow party members.

zaq

Post Sat, Mar 25 2017, 10:59 pm
Jeanette wrote:

And this is a classic symptom of sociopathy--inabilty to accept the blame for anything, everything is always everyone else's fault. We were horrified when we learned (long after the fact) that Reagan already had the beginnings of Alzheimer's when he was Presdient--this is a million times worse.

SixOfWands

Post Sat, Mar 25 2017, 11:16 pm
DrMom wrote:
I am not surprised.

I thought the bill was hastily thrown together and did not repeal many of the most problematic aspects of Obamacare.

He should have put more thought into the legislation, and into getting a consensus from his fellow party members.

Trump? Or Ryan. Because the Republicans have spent the past 6 years screaming from every roof top that the ACA was awful. That they could do so much better. Sure, Trump spouted the same rhetoric, but this was Republican rhetoric day after day.

And they had nothing. A hastily thrown together unworkable plan. What were they doing for the past 6 years? Oh, Paul Ryan told us. Its hard getting things done. So much easier just opposing everything.

And are our elected officials now going to sit down and figure this out? Do what they should have started doing 5 years ago and refine the ACA based on experience, give us something better?

Well, of course not!

"ObamaCare will explode and we will all get together and piece together a great healthcare plan for THE PEOPLE. Do not worry!" Tweet from 45.

DrMom

Post Sun, Mar 26 2017, 2:42 am
SixOfWands wrote:
Trump? Or Ryan. Because the Republicans have spent the past 6 years screaming from every roof top that the ACA was awful. That they could do so much better. Sure, Trump spouted the same rhetoric, but this was Republican rhetoric day after day.

And they had nothing. A hastily thrown together unworkable plan. What were they doing for the past 6 years? Oh, Paul Ryan told us. Its hard getting things done. So much easier just opposing everything.

And are our elected officials now going to sit down and figure this out? Do what they should have started doing 5 years ago and refine the ACA based on experience, give us something better?

Well, of course not!

"ObamaCare will explode and we will all get together and piece together a great healthcare plan for THE PEOPLE. Do not worry!" Tweet from 45.

Pretty much agree. Dudes, you have the majority in the legislature and you have the executive branch -- do something! I feel like they are suffering from some sort of paralysis.

Jeanette

Post Sun, Mar 26 2017, 9:31 am
I dont see how Trump survives this. A lot of his supporters were willing to put up with nonsense in the belief that he could at least get things done. If he can't get anything done why do we need his drama?

youngishbear

Post Sun, Mar 26 2017, 10:02 am
I'm relieved.

Whatever ails our healthcare system goes deeper than ObamaCare.

Post Sun, Mar 26 2017, 10:18 am
Scott Adams had an interesting take on this.

http://blog.dilbert.com

youngishbear

Post Sun, Mar 26 2017, 10:29 am
I don't know, Squishy. His hyperbole is just as bad as the opposition.

Post Sun, Mar 26 2017, 10:45 am
youngishbear wrote:
I don't know, Squishy. His hyperbole is just as bad as the opposition.

I think the loss humanizes him. It takes the wind out of the sails of the crazy left. Right now the left sounds like petulant children.

Anyone who thinks Obama care doesn't have issues is foolish. It is inevitable it will crash without adjustments. Trump will get to step in and say that it was the other guys who wouldn't cooperate. He is going to end up the winner. When Roosevelt clashed with Washington insiders, he took his case directly to the people. The left still doesn't understand the appeal of Trump.

shoshanim999

Post Sun, Mar 26 2017, 11:00 am
Squishy wrote:
I think the loss humanizes him. It takes the wind out of the sails of the crazy left. Right now the left sounds like petulant children.

Anyone who thinks Obama care doesn't have issues is foolish. It is inevitable it will crash without adjustments. Trump will get to step in and say that it was the other guys who wouldn't cooperate. He is going to end up the winner. When Roosevelt clashed with Washington insiders, he took his case directly to the people. The left still doesn't understand the appeal of Trump.

I agree many experts say obama care will fail badly, but wouldn't it have been smarter for trump to wait a year, let it fail, and then swoop in and be the savior when even democrats would be on his side? That's basically what he's saying he'll do now only he has this egg on his face and is the ridicule of the entire country. (Except Sean Hannity.) Many of his supporters like Ann Coulter and the drudge report are mocking him. What was gained by attempting to push it thru now, when approval for obama care is at an all time high? Trump set himself up for this disaster and by his own words it would have been easy in 2018.

Jeanette

Post Sun, Mar 26 2017, 11:02 am
Squishy wrote:

Nice bit of projection there.

DrMom

Post Sun, Mar 26 2017, 11:03 am
Jeanette wrote:
I dont see how Trump survives this. A lot of his supporters were willing to put up with nonsense in the belief that he could at least get things done. If he can't get anything done why do we need his drama?

That seems melodramatic. Many presidents survive even when one bill they back is not passed.

Jeanette

Post Sun, Mar 26 2017, 11:05 am
DrMom wrote:
That seems melodramatic. Many presidents survive even when one bill they back is not passed.

Most presidents don't come in with the baggage that Trump came in with.

He came in on the premise that he alone will shake things up, he alone can change things. So far we haven't seen any evidence of that.

dancingqueen

Post Sun, Mar 26 2017, 11:05 am
youngishbear wrote:
I'm relieved.

Whatever ails our healthcare system goes deeper than ObamaCare.

Same.

Here's a crazy idea. Maybe both sides can come together to improve the ACA, you know, actually try to improve the lives of their constituents. In this political climate it seems unlikely to happen though.

Post Sun, Mar 26 2017, 11:18 am
Jeanette wrote:
Nice bit of projection there.

No, you're the puppet.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Iymnok

Post Sun, Mar 26 2017, 11:24 am
I'm in Israel, so I'm not so involved. Why can't the ACA be replaced a little at a time without risking leaving anyone unprotected?
There are so many aspects, I can't believe that it's ALL bad. Keep the good and fix the areas that are lacking.
Aha, repealing "Obamacare" and replacing it with "Trumpcare" is better for his ego.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics