Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Quality Vaccum Cleaners

UQT

Post Tue, Dec 18 2012, 8:40 pm
I'm tired of buying a new vacuum every year and a half. Any suggestions on a good model vacuum cleaner that works well and is easy to use?

INSPIREME

Post Tue, Dec 18 2012, 9:12 pm
I have an canister electrolux for about 12 years now - works great, but it is a little heavy....

mha3484

Post Tue, Dec 18 2012, 9:14 pm
We have the electrolux nimble and are very happy with it.

ROTA

Post Tue, Dec 18 2012, 9:45 pm
Dysons are great.

UQT

Post Tue, Dec 18 2012, 10:10 pm
Which Dyson would you recommend?

cm

Post Tue, Dec 18 2012, 10:12 pm
Dyson is amazing. I was concerned about the "yuck factor" of a bagless system, but it is actually tidier than the kind with bags. Also it doesn't raise dust - vacuuming used to aggravate my allergies, but no longer.

If you can get an old electrolux, perhaps a hand-me-down in good condition, take it! They last forever (easily fifty years, with care). New electroluxes are made differently, and are sold at a much lower price point. They are not the same as the old ones.

gr8cook

Post Wed, Dec 19 2012, 1:26 am
I have a miele canister vaccum cleaner and it's great. It's quite pricey but it's worth every penny.

bamamama

Post Wed, Dec 19 2012, 2:59 am
We've had a small shop-vac for 6 years and that sucker is still chugging along. Sucks better than any vac I've ever seen. We got it when we had dogs. And it's cheap, too.

ven

Post Wed, Dec 19 2012, 5:24 am
I have a miele cats and dogs , I am thrilled with it , before I had a dyson but they are not powerfull enough

superjew

Post Wed, Dec 19 2012, 6:49 am
I'm also in the process of researching to buy a good one.
I saw on tv the 'shark rotator lift away' and was going to ask around. Supposedly its better than the dysons.
Anyone?

happy12

Post Wed, Dec 19 2012, 6:58 am
the new electrolux vacuums in the US re made by eureka. You can still get the old european models but they are hard to find and expensive.

Liba

Post Wed, Dec 19 2012, 7:54 am
I have had a Kirby for 15 years and it is wonderful. It was expensive, but we had wall to wall off white carpeting and it did a wonderful job keeping it clean. When we made aliya we paid for them to switch the motor to a 220v one and the plug as well. It is a bit overkill here, but a great machine.

My parents had a Kirby for 30+ years. When my mother got remarried my step father replaced it, but not because it wasn't a good machine or because it wasn't working. If my father were still alive their Kirby would still be in use though. Very Happy

maze

Post Fri, Mar 24 2017, 3:54 pm
I'm looking for a good vaccum, I've used Dyson, Hoover, and other companies in the past, but none last more than a few years or don't do the job. Which other brands and models are good?

amother
Babypink

Post Fri, Mar 24 2017, 5:57 pm
Kenmore made by sears has good reviews. Im wondering about the miele. Does it last for years?

maze

Post Sat, Mar 25 2017, 10:53 pm
amother wrote:
Kenmore made by sears has good reviews. Im wondering about the miele. Does it last for years?

I want to find out more about miele too.

sourstix

Post Sat, Mar 25 2017, 11:00 pm
I have Miele and it's very good. Have it for two yrs. store gave me free first 5 yrs fix anything that goes wrong. Once something gotlose was replaced and doing great. Use it weekly. Quite often. has good suction, light weight.

Much lighter then Electrolux. Same suction ability like Electrolux minus the clumsiness

maze

Post Sat, Apr 01 2017, 9:26 pm
sourstix wrote:
I have Miele and it's very good. Have it for two yrs. store gave me free first 5 yrs fix anything that goes wrong. Once something gotlose was replaced and doing great. Use it weekly. Quite often. has good suction, light weight.

Much lighter then Electrolux. Same suction ability like Electrolux minus the clumsiness

Is it a canister or upright?

Post Sun, Apr 02 2017, 1:32 pm
I have a Miele canister. B"h works fantastic. Great suction. Leifer weight. Easy to get around with it. I use it daily. Have it already for about 5+ years. It was about 350 when I bought it. But worth every penny.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry