Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Smoker

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Mar 26 2017, 3:56 am
I live in an apt building,6th floor. Someone smokes at like 3am almost every night, and I think I know which neighbor it is. He one time asked my husband if we're OK with the smoking, and my husband told him it's fine... When he mentioned it to me, I may have or may not have started yelling and pointing.

Either way, how do I go about telling this neighbor actually no it's not OK, I can't stand the smell and feel like throwing up when I do smell it? And that I don't like second hand smoking, especially with a baby in the house and iyh maybe one on the way in the near future? And what if he's not the one smoking??

It's 4 am here, and my husband has an extremely hard time falling back asleep after midnight wakings, but it's so bad I'm tempted to wake him up to go out to the hall and yell at the guy.
Grrrrr
Oh mr neighbor is a widower, and rumor has it he was physically abusive to his wife and that we should be friendly and not become too close. Has a bunch of kids. Other neighbors I don't know, telling them their smoking is awful doesn't seem like the best opening conversation.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sun, Mar 26 2017, 9:18 am
I don't think you should be the one telling him. If anything your dh should tell him in a nice way that it bothers you. And if he doesn't listen there's nothing you can do other than move

amother
Seashell

Post Sun, Mar 26 2017, 9:25 am
How is the smell so bad in your apartment? Do you have windows open?

SixOfWands

Post Sun, Mar 26 2017, 9:40 am
Where is he smoking? If its in his own apartment, then there really isn't much you can do about it. If he's smoking in the hallway, so he doesn't stink up his own apartment, then yes, its appropriate to tell him that he should find another place to smoke.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette