Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Fish kirschenbaum guide to wedding management
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

dietcokeaddict

Post Tue, Mar 28 2017, 1:06 am
@Seeker: are you forgetting which author this is? Do you seriously not remember Gela's 4-WEEK-LONG labor?? IIRC, we were all going crazy then too. So haul your jaw off the floor and keep reading. And remember that this is Scotty. She doesn't do brief and she doesn't do rushed. We'll all just have to be patient....😀

seeker

Post Tue, Mar 28 2017, 1:36 am
I'm not surprised, just aggravated! LOL Gella's labor, that was sooooo annoying, but that story was always slower paced. And this story was paced very well until now, IMHO, so I thought maybe the author had found her stride... Look, she can have her fun, we put up with many cliffhangers, but to take a realistic story and turn it upside down like this AND take a month to do that, well, really pushing the envelope there.

6 days to go. SIGH. But if she leaves us hanging over Pesach, she should probably change her name and move to a new address.

cbsp

Post Tue, Mar 28 2017, 12:27 pm
dietcokeaddict wrote:
@Seeker: are you forgetting which author this is? Do you seriously not remember Gela's 4-WEEK-LONG labor?? IIRC, we were all going crazy then too. So haul your jaw off the floor and keep reading. And remember that this is Scotty. She doesn't do brief and she doesn't do rushed. We'll all just have to be patient....😀

This.

LOL

pause

Post Tue, Mar 28 2017, 2:37 pm
seeker wrote:
I'm not surprised, just aggravated! LOL Gella's labor, that was sooooo annoying, but that story was always slower paced. And this story was paced very well until now, IMHO, so I thought maybe the author had found her stride... Look, she can have her fun, we put up with many cliffhangers, but to take a realistic story and turn it upside down like this AND take a month to do that, well, really pushing the envelope there.

6 days to go. SIGH. But if she leaves us hanging over Pesach, she should probably change her name and move to a new address.

I'm starting to think that the timing was coordinated with Pesach, for this serial to end and a new one to begin in the 500-page Binah Book Pesach issue. LOL

myself

Post Tue, Mar 28 2017, 3:22 pm
pause wrote:
I'm starting to think that the timing was coordinated with Pesach, for this serial to end and a new one to begin in the 500-page Binah Book Pesach issue. LOL

They always start a new serial Pesach. Sometimes the current serial finishes then, other times it's winding down. Either way, we're in for some fun and it'll probably be over too quickly. Smile

dietcokeaddict

Post Wed, Mar 29 2017, 12:11 am
I know Scotty is fond of not-such-happy endings which leave hints for better times to come, but I can't possibly conceive of any way this is going to end well for our man Fish. Poor guy😔

Re a new serial for the Pesach issue, Sara W recently mentioned an upcoming work. Hope it's starting next week...

seeker

Post Wed, Mar 29 2017, 12:22 am
It has already ended well for Fish. He is almost free of the inner bully voice, and has practically parented his kid out of it as well. If the hall flops he will not take it quite so personally and will heed Estie's advice to appreciate his strengths and use them in other ways.

Alternatively, this disaster could result in a large insurance payout that David will use to offer Fish a position managing whatever project is going to go there. Fish may or may not accept but it won't be because he has to prove something to David Smile

And in either case, in between, something interesting is going to come out to explain all the weirdness. It will have to tie up the duck sauce, Yankel, Vinnie, Paul, et al. Holtz may or may not come back into play, the fact that the raid happened in middle of their particular wedding may or may not be of significance. They may be important or they may storm off in a huff. If the storm part, Fish will feel like beating himself up but will restrain himself because he is done being stepped on.

And throughout it all, Scotty is going to lurk on imamother laughing her head off at us all Twisted Evil

dietcokeaddict

Post Wed, Mar 29 2017, 1:05 am
I hear you about his internal struggles but I still think losing the hall in such an enormously embarrassing way can't do him too much good.

And yes, Scotty we can hear you cackling at us like Widow Polin. You can come out of hiding now... Wave

pizza4

Post Wed, Mar 29 2017, 8:50 am
Was it yankel that called the fbi? Those pictures he was taking...

pause

Post Wed, Mar 29 2017, 1:31 pm
Jack is also somehow involved here, no?

chocolate fondue

Post Wed, Mar 29 2017, 2:03 pm
pause wrote:
Jack is also somehow involved here, no?

I don't think so. He's obviously done some illegal stuff in the past, which is why he freaks out whenever he sees the police (like when he went with Fish to get the carpet and they feel asleep in the truck until the police woke them up) but I don't think he has anything to do with the duck sauce. Rolling Eyes

dietcokeaddict

Post Tue, Apr 25 2017, 10:05 pm
Ok Scotty, we are officially not on speaking terms anymore.

So yeah, I knew Fish wouldn't get a Pollyanish ending. None of your characters do.

But this? To string us along for eightychapters and then leave the poor guy with his world crumbling, his job gone, and his name completely smeared?

So he got his apology. So he didn't even need it. Doesn't mean things have to be so awful for him!

If his life doesn't get real better really quickly.... Shooting Arrow Shooting Arrow Shooting Arrow

Just sayin

pizza4

Post Tue, Apr 25 2017, 11:48 pm
That whole fiasco of a wedding was...unreal. I kept hoping he'd take a shower already. Did Fish really go to sleep without showering? Ugh!

pizza4

Post Tue, May 02 2017, 6:16 pm
That agent can't be yankel....no.....

cbsp

Post Tue, May 02 2017, 6:22 pm
pizza4 wrote:
That agent can't be yankel....no.....

He did keep saying that he was...

seeker

Post Tue, May 02 2017, 6:22 pm
Oh yes she did. Groan together now: SCOTYYYYYYYY!!!
As I've said a lot these past few weeks, the follow up to this had better be good enough to be worth (temporarily?) making a fool out of our favorite story

pizza4

Post Tue, May 02 2017, 7:41 pm
Wow. He did a good job sounding like a mishugener.

booboo24

Post Sat, May 06 2017, 10:21 pm
Just read the story over shabbas! Was such a good shock! Can't believe who the agent was.... so not expecting that

mango

Post Sat, May 06 2017, 10:49 pm
Not so shocked one of my (and my sisters who I hash it out with in real life) was that tzedaka yankel had something to do with this. Notice how he dropped out of the story from the wedding and on? I'm surprised Fish never thought of or mentioned anything about him in the last few weeks... he was such a fixture in the hall.

agreer

Post Sun, May 07 2017, 12:34 am
OMG It was not obvious to me! Thank you! I was wondering who it was.
Page 7 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room