Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Freefall by Miriam Zakon in Family First....
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

seeker

Post Sun, Mar 26 2017, 9:08 pm
theotherone wrote:
I dont think they will let a main character die.

It's a WWII story with several characters in the army. Someone's gotta die.

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Mar 27 2017, 8:42 am
Someone's maybe got to die, but this doesn't work in a serial the same way it would in a book. We have too much time to ruminate over and predict this.
But it does make sense Sad

theotherone

Post Mon, Mar 27 2017, 8:49 am
seeker wrote:
It's a WWII story with several characters in the army. Someone's gotta die.

There have already been multiple deaths- Pearl Harbor, Rob's fiance, Abe's people.
I agree there will be deaths but I don't think they would kill off the main characters that we are all so emotionally attached to :-)

daisy

Post Mon, Mar 27 2017, 1:28 pm
I also feel that there has been a lot of foreshadowing about Abe Sad

And I believe that Moe and Rob will end up together.

amother
Seafoam

Post Mon, Mar 27 2017, 4:03 pm
Abe better not die. I will be devestated! please no!

Sunnydays

Post Tue, Mar 28 2017, 1:39 pm
daisy wrote:
I also feel that there has been a lot of foreshadowing about Abe Sad

And I believe that Moe and Rob will end up together.

Agreed. The diary as well Sad

Yes many things can happen. Her mother can die her husband can be killed in the blitz....

GetReal

Post Tue, Mar 28 2017, 2:19 pm
Rob is going to realize that she should marry moe and not marry for money... but rob works on shabbos...I guess she'll do Teshuva first. Abe will be mia I think, but alive.

lech lecha08

Post Tue, Mar 28 2017, 2:28 pm
I kind of think Abe's fate was sealed when Harry started learning, became more religious, and decided he wants to teach Torah to kids.
Those goals seem to fit more with Annie's background and home life than Abe

allthingsblue

Post Sat, Apr 29 2017, 11:23 pm
They're dragging it out and it's tortuous. Who's it going to be, Abe or moe? I still think it'll be Abe. The foreshadowing continues. Like when he told moe this week that he's not afraid for himself...

seeker

Post Sat, Apr 29 2017, 11:27 pm
Abe. For a long time I was holding out thinking it can't be, but there's just way too much foreshadowing by now Sad So sad.

daisy

Post Sat, Apr 29 2017, 11:30 pm
seeker wrote:
Abe. For a long time I was holding out thinking it can't be, but there's just way too much foreshadowing by now Sad So sad.

I feel exactly the same way.

rdmom

Post Sun, Apr 30 2017, 2:06 am
I stopped buying the family first recently. Been loving the serials but couldn't justify the amount of money spent on the magazine only for the serials. So keep on discussing. At least I am keeping up this way. Lol.

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, Apr 30 2017, 2:54 am
I'm afraid it's gonna be Moe...after finally starting to reconcile with Papa...or c'v both...hopefully not....

seeker

Post Sun, Apr 30 2017, 11:12 am
Nope, I think Moe is going to get a chance to continue the reconciliation. Think about an author needing to craft a plot. Moe has a story going on. Abe does not have a story going on. He has a wife and kid who will have a story if he dies but he himself is not wrapped up in anything except being a great leader and soldier, writing nice letters home, etc. You can kill him off anytime with no harm to your plot. Moe on the other hand - he is finally starting to reach out to dad and dad has just had a bunch of feelings about how he should relate to him better, where do all those things go if he just up and dies now? Plus I doubt we've seen the last of Rob.

We have two boys on the front lines of WWII, someone has to die, and it's going to be Mr. "Don't worry, I'll be fine." We'll find out when Moe spots the Pontiac piece among some otherwise unrecognizable wreckage - that thing has been waiting for its moment. The optimistic readers can at best hope that he unexpectedly turns up alive later after having been presumed dead.

Ugh I get much too involved in these novels, lol.

booboo24

Post Sun, Apr 30 2017, 1:32 pm
I think it's gone be Abe. And most likely harry will take his place.. I had this feeling with harry back when he came to live with them.

theotherone

Post Sun, Apr 30 2017, 1:36 pm
I still stand by my original prediction that neither abe nor moe dies.

iyar

Post Sun, Apr 30 2017, 2:15 pm
I'm a sometimes sporadic superficial peruser of Freefall.
I have to admit I enjoy the comments here more than the actual serial! When I skim too inattentively to understand what's going on, the imamothers kindly help get me back on track.
I agree that Abe is about to be killed off to make room for new developments.
My favorite observation here is this from seeker-
"We'll find out when Moe spots the Pontiac piece among some otherwise unrecognizable wreckage - that thing has been waiting for its moment."
I know this is meant to be heart wrenching and sad but, seeker, you almost made me smile.
Sad but brilliant! - is what I thought of your comment, and I just had to post my own to let you know.
Of course if the author herself is following us, she'll have to hit the delete button and come up with something else appropriately melodramatic...

Miri1

Post Sun, Apr 30 2017, 2:25 pm
I tend to think it will be Abe. Interesting though that the title of the novel is a reference to his thrill of free fall.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Apr 30 2017, 2:35 pm
seeker wrote:
Nope, I think Moe is going to get a chance to continue the reconciliation. Think about an author needing to craft a plot. Moe has a story going on. Abe does not have a story going on. He has a wife and kid who will have a story if he dies but he himself is not wrapped up in anything except being a great leader and soldier, writing nice letters home, etc. You can kill him off anytime with no harm to your plot. Moe on the other hand - he is finally starting to reach out to dad and dad has just had a bunch of feelings about how he should relate to him better, where do all those things go if he just up and dies now? Plus I doubt we've seen the last of Rob.

We have two boys on the front lines of WWII, someone has to die, and it's going to be Mr. "Don't worry, I'll be fine." We'll find out when Moe spots the Pontiac piece among some otherwise unrecognizable wreckage - that thing has been waiting for its moment. The optimistic readers can at best hope that he unexpectedly turns up alive later after having been presumed dead.

Ugh I get much too involved in these novels, lol.

I don't think Abe's chopped liver. He has a wife and kid who will be widowed and orphaned. He has a chance to get his father-in-law's full approval by working on becoming a real ben Torah when he comes back. He's too young to go too.

kalsee

Post Sun, Apr 30 2017, 2:46 pm
The way it ends this week- with Moe watching Abe riding off into the distance...
it's totally setting the stage for that being the last time he sees him.
I hate the thought of it Sad , I really like Abe.
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room