Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
What to do in Lakewood

amother
Lavender

Post Tue, Mar 28 2017, 11:23 am
Im having an appointment in Lakewood one morning. I should be done by 12:30 pm. The next bus back to New York is not untill 2:15. Is there a mall to go to- hang out, or maybe some light shopping? Maybe going out for lunch?

sky

Post Tue, Mar 28 2017, 11:45 am
What area is the appointment?

Post Tue, Mar 28 2017, 11:50 am
Should someone tell OP that Lakewood isn't in NY?

sourstix

Post Tue, Mar 28 2017, 11:54 am
no, because she can do pretty good shopping of clothes here. if shes here she may as well. if your gonna be in the gourmet glatt plaza then go to the stores there. its way cheaper then brooklyn., yes thats my experience.

op, the stores here are very spread out. if you dont drive its gonna be impossible to get around.

what area are you gonna be? if there are any malls it might work well. there are a lot of stores here.

Cmon be nice

Post Tue, Mar 28 2017, 12:12 pm
The only place that has stores and is near the bus stop is Westgate plaza, which has several stores.

amother
Azure

Post Tue, Mar 28 2017, 12:36 pm
Don't forget that in NJ you pay no sales tax on clothing purchases!

sky

Post Tue, Mar 28 2017, 12:59 pm
Location makes a big difference. Where is the bus stop?

amother
Lavender

Post Wed, Mar 29 2017, 10:20 pm
Op here
Thanx for all your replies
Im not sure where the appointment is. Dh will drive me to any bus stop that can take me back to Brooklyn.
Im thinking of the bus stop at Skuankum and Astor. ( simply because thats what I saw on the Lakewood bus website. I dont really know lakewwod. Ive never been there befor)
How far is Four Corners bagels to walk? Is there any other shopping there?
Is Westgate plaza the same as Gourmet Glatt plaza? How far is that to walk to Squankum and Astor?
Thanx. This is an enormous help.

benny

Post Thu, Mar 30 2017, 4:13 am
Four corners is right there but not much else there. If you want to walk a bit you can go to Kennedy and Clifton where there are 2 diff shopping plazas which choices of kids/women shopping and choices of places to go for lunch.

bargainlover

Post Thu, Mar 30 2017, 4:19 am
Gourmet glatt plaza is about a 20 minute wall from that stop. There's lots of shopping there

amother
Lavender

Post Thu, Mar 30 2017, 4:30 am
benny wrote:
Four corners is right there but not much else there. If you want to walk a bit you can go to Kennedy and Clifton where there are 2 diff shopping plazas which choices of kids/women shopping and choices of places to go for lunch.

Op here

Thanx so much for the info. So I put it all into google maps. Its a 12 minute walk. Not bad. Is it safe to walk on kenedy? Google maps says to use caution.
Also whats is the name of those shopping plazas?

amother
Lavender

Post Thu, Mar 30 2017, 4:31 am
bargainlover wrote:
Gourmet glatt plaza is about a 20 minute wall from that stop. There's lots of shopping there

Op here. Thanx

benny

Post Thu, Mar 30 2017, 4:58 am
It's safe. Plenty ppl around. not sure the names maybe Clifton plaza? Shloimys plaza? Kennedy plaza? There are 2 right across from each other. Loads of shopping.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries