Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Sons new shoes are bit too big. Fine? Or mistake?

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Mar 26 2017, 8:34 pm
My baby is 22 months and his first 2 pairs became small very quickly. Now I got him a new pair and went up from size 22 to 23. So it lasts through the season. At home a tried em on again and I think there's too much space in the front?? Is it wrong? They have laces to keep his foot supported.

yksraya

Post Sun, Mar 26 2017, 8:38 pm
They grow so quickly, if his feet are not coming out of the shoes, it's a great buy. Otherwise, just put it aside and he will fit into it very soon.

seeker

Post Sun, Mar 26 2017, 9:07 pm
If you're not sure, have someone who knows shoes check them. Especially when they're so little, poorly fitted shoes can really affect the way kids walk. It's worth taking the chance that they'll be outgrown too soon - you really never know when those growth spurts will happen and there's no good way to outsmart them. Sometimes you can put a pad inside to make them fit more securely until the kid grows a little more. That has its limitations but it's worked for me a few times.

If he walks and runs well in them and his feet aren't wobbling around, that's a good sign.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Tue, Mar 28 2017, 3:48 pm
If they are too big, he shouldn't be wearing them. If they are just a bit big, try thicker socks,. if they are so big that thicker socks don't make a difference, put them away and try again in a month.

gande

Post Tue, Mar 28 2017, 4:05 pm
If he fills up the width there is nothing to worry about. If he is comfortable and walking well you can leave it.

greenfire

Post Tue, Mar 28 2017, 4:06 pm
it also depends on their growth pattern ... sonny boy grew rapidly ... ultra petite dd notsomuch
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics