Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Please help me shop for a good quality cordless phone(s).

Butterfly

Post Mon, Mar 27 2017, 10:55 pm
I've been searching the internet for the past two days plus, googling one website after the other, searching for a set of high quality cordless phones, yet the more I searched the more confused I became.

What's most mind boggling is that the phones that are considered "top of the line" according to the experts... also happen to get lots of negative reviews from costumers...

How can one rely on the suggestions of those so called experts who give such promising recommendations about specific "top of the line" brand named cordless phones when after googling the reviews from customers who purchased those specific phones have written quite negative reviews about them?
True that there are lots of positive reviews as well, but how can one decide what to buy when there are many negative and positive reviews combined with almost every model advertised.

I am in desperate need of new phones, but finding the right cordless phone is more complicated than I have ever anticipated it would be.

Am so tired of searching...
My present phones are literally dying after 4 yrs of (ab)use.

I would like to purchase a set of 5 phones

Recomendations would be very appreciated. TIA

kiryat sefer

Post Mon, Mar 27 2017, 10:59 pm
Get the Panasonic tgf380. Its a two set with a corded phone I am pretty happy with it.
I bought the 5 set of 7875?? It was bad.
You can buy on Amazon with like a $5 insurance or by best buy.
That insurance is supposed to cover if its dropped.

Sunny Days

Post Mon, Mar 27 2017, 11:07 pm
Following.
Kiryat sefer- how long ago did u buy the tgf380 model? Doesn't seem like Amazon has it.

kiryat sefer

Post Mon, Mar 27 2017, 11:48 pm
2GN wrote:
Following.
Kiryat sefer- how long ago did u buy the tgf380 model? Doesn't seem like Amazon has it.

Like in the summer I will try and send you a link

kiryat sefer

Post Mon, Mar 27 2017, 11:51 pm
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.....phone

baltomom

Post Tue, Mar 28 2017, 12:46 am
What I've found is that all the cordless phones made today are junk. so when I buy a new set, I buy from Amazon with a 2 year warranty. Usually before the 2 years are up they are no longing working properly (don't hold charge, etc), and then I send them back for a refund and buy another set. I've done this a few times already. It's a hassle to replace them every 1-2 years but at least I'm not spending a lot of money to do so. My current set, Panasonic KX-TGE, is 1 1/2 years old and the handsets are on their way out (keep dying, parts came off).

If anyone has recommendations for phones that last longer, I'd be happy to hear!

kiryat sefer

Post Tue, Mar 28 2017, 7:44 am
baltomom wrote:
What I've found is that all the cordless phones made today are junk. so when I buy a new set, I buy from Amazon with a 2 year warranty. Usually before the 2 years are up they are no longing working properly (don't hold charge, etc), and then I send them back for a refund and buy another set. I've done this a few times already. It's a hassle to replace them every 1-2 years but at least I'm not spending a lot of money to do so. My current set, Panasonic KX-TGE, is 1 1/2 years old and the handsets are on their way out (keep dying, parts came off).

If anyone has recommendations for phones that last longer, I'd be happy to hear!

All phones from Panasonic are KXTG its the numbers that follow that make a difference

Butterfly

Post Tue, Mar 28 2017, 8:07 pm
kiryat sefer wrote:
Get the Panasonic tgf380. Its a two set with a corded phone I am pretty happy with it.
I bought the 5 set of 7875?? It was bad.
You can buy on Amazon with like a $5 insurance or by best buy.
That insurance is supposed to cover if its dropped.

I was about to order the 7875s. Thanks for the warning. How long have you been using those phones and what was the issue you had with them?

Will look into the tgf380.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics