Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Where to buy a good sheital for cheap
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

cnc

Post Tue, Mar 28 2017, 9:23 pm
STMommy wrote:
I bought directly from Malky from her house in Brooklyn. She charged me an extra $20 (yes, you're reading that correctly, two followed by one zero!) to give it a little trim before I left. They come out of the box in good shape, after her little trim I did wear it, but in truth they do need a real proper cut.

Does she know how to give a proper cut or you need to go to someone else?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Mar 28 2017, 9:42 pm
If you like the part the way it is, no real need for multidirectional. If you think you'll ever want to move the hair over (e.g. I did that in my first sheitel when it started balding), it's a nice feature.

I found someone who was wiling to cut mine for $100..you can ask around, I'm sure there are some cheaper cutters available just make sure there ar many happy customers, and you're not really a guinea pig. I didn't feel right spending as much money on the cut as I did on the sheitel itself!

ra_mom

Post Tue, Mar 28 2017, 10:00 pm
STMommy wrote:
I bought directly from Malky from her house in Brooklyn. She charged me an extra $20 (yes, you're reading that correctly, two followed by one zero!) to give it a little trim before I left. They come out of the box in good shape, after her little trim I did wear it, but in truth they do need a real proper cut.

Can you PM her contact information? I'd love to go to her in person.

seeker

Post Tue, Mar 28 2017, 10:03 pm
Can you PM me too?

OutATowner

Post Tue, Mar 28 2017, 10:13 pm
I'm pretty sure mine was a multidirectional, since I changed the part easily from side to middle.
I paid 699 for the sheitel and 100 for the cut.
I have not had it for a long time, but based on what HashemYaazor told me in another thread, and my sheitel macher's experience with others that have a Malky wig, I hope to get several years out of it.

seeker

Post Tue, Mar 28 2017, 10:17 pm
699 is such a metzia? I was hoping for way less... she has plenty lower on ebay but I'm not sure what a $250 wig even is Confused

allthingsblue

Post Tue, Mar 28 2017, 10:19 pm
seeker wrote:
699 is such a metzia? I was hoping for way less... she has plenty lower on ebay but I'm not sure what a $250 wig even is Confused

I was going to say... For that price you may as well get an Alexia wig (you can try them on in person and they're beautiful, multidirectional, etc). I always post about this brand, it's because I'm really happy with it.
I paid $600 for 18".

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, Mar 28 2017, 11:04 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
I was going to say... For that price you may as well get an Alexia wig (you can try them on in person and they're beautiful, multidirectional, etc). I always post about this brand, it's because I'm really happy with it.
I paid $600 for 18".

Are Alexia's good? Why are they so cheap? I've heard pretty good reviews and they look amazing on her Instagram account but would it last?

seeker

Post Tue, Mar 28 2017, 11:07 pm
$600 is already pushing me into the "maybe I don't need a wig that badly" zone. Next...

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Mar 28 2017, 11:14 pm
I can't remember if I paid $250 or $300, but you can get nice hair from her for that price and I'm very picky on what I like in terms of feel. I can't stand synthetics or "human hair" that isn't marketed as European from selers like Yaffa (their cheaper line)...this has a natural feel to it which is what I need for my sensory gratification Wink

I also davka wanted a short sheitel, so I didn't pay for extra length I was not using, so that may have made a difference.

seeker

Post Tue, Mar 28 2017, 11:21 pm
I don't want SHORT short, but I don't want flowing down my back long either. My current sheitel is shoulder length and while that LOOKS fine, it's SO exactly shoulder length that it feels like it keeps getting "stuck" on my shoulders if you can get what I'm saying? So I guess I'm looking for something a little longer than that. Maybe just long enough to stick in a pony to get it out of my way as needed. Definitely with the front hairs long enough to put back into a half-pony or something to get off my face. Side bangs on my original sheitel were a disaster.

SmileUrJewish

Post Wed, Mar 29 2017, 1:30 am
Have you looked into consignment shops? I bought mine from Lena's Sheitels and had an amazing experience. I don't remember the exact prices but I know she sold me mine WAY under what it would have originally cost, and it is still high quality hair, more than 3 years later. (She sells lightly used sheitels and also overstock sheitels directly from the manufacturer.) She has a Facebook page and website, and also a real store in Baltimore. I think there is another company, Doppelgänger Wigs, that is very similar located elsewhere. I believe that they both ship and allow you time to try it on and send it back if you don't like it.

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, Mar 29 2017, 2:31 am
seeker wrote:
I don't want SHORT short, but I don't want flowing down my back long either. My current sheitel is shoulder length and while that LOOKS fine, it's SO exactly shoulder length that it feels like it keeps getting "stuck" on my shoulders if you can get what I'm saying? So I guess I'm looking for something a little longer than that. Maybe just long enough to stick in a pony to get it out of my way as needed. Definitely with the front hairs long enough to put back into a half-pony or something to get off my face. Side bangs on my original sheitel were a disaster.

I heard there's a great wig gemach in Monsey where you can buy great secondhand wigs for inexpensive.

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Mar 29 2017, 6:08 am
amother wrote:
I heard there's a great wig gemach in Monsey where you can buy great secondhand wigs for inexpensive.
would you be able to post the contact information?

sgr

Post Wed, Mar 29 2017, 7:40 am
Hi I'm don't know what color you are but there's someone selling a magnificent wig on A FB group for 800 she spent 2.500 on the wig

allthingsblue

Post Wed, Mar 29 2017, 7:59 am
amother wrote:
Are Alexia's good? Why are they so cheap? I've heard pretty good reviews and they look amazing on her Instagram account but would it last?

Don't know, I've only had mine for a year, but so far it looks and feels new. It's gotten a lot of wear, too!
(Why they are so cheap- read the first post on her Instagram.)

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, Mar 29 2017, 11:04 am
In my married life, I have purchased 2 mazalis at different times - for $400 and $500 at 2 separate Mazali sales. They are both still great - one was balding a drop so I moved the part. The first is 5 yrs old, the second is 4 years old. Very happy with them.
I also bought a Gali more recently at a "trunk sale" - I paid $700. It was SUPER long - the length does not affect their prices at the sales. I cut 5 inches and it is still long. Excellent quality.
So I would say, if you are willing to look out for the sales, you can get quality at a great price. But once you buy them, no refunds/warranties.

Moonlight

Post Wed, Mar 29 2017, 11:14 am
amother wrote:

Yes! Its called Doppelganger

STMommy

Post Wed, Mar 29 2017, 1:51 pm
cnc wrote:
Does she know how to give a proper cut or you need to go to someone else?

I was only looking for her to give it enough of a trim that I could wear it right out of the box. She also may do real cuts. I don't live anywhere near Brooklyn, I made the trip just to be able to try sheitels on in person, but for the cut I took it to a more local salon, who of course charged a fortune, but given how crazy cheap my wig was I didn't mind, the total I spent on the sheitel including the cut was still waaaay less than what some people pay for a sheitel without the cut.

Ra-mom and seeker, I am PMing you now.

livinginflatbus

Post Wed, Mar 29 2017, 7:08 pm
There is a sale now in Flatbush by galis wigs everything 595 to 850. Pm me for more info
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics