Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names
Names go with Shoshana ?
Previous  1  2

amother
Tan

Post Wed, Mar 29 2017, 10:45 am
I am Shoshana Chaya - I always liked it - Rose of Life!
My niece is Shoshana Bracha
I like Shoshana Raizel too

Shoshana Chana has a flow....

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, Mar 29 2017, 10:49 am
Deleted

singleagain

Post Wed, Mar 29 2017, 11:02 am
I'm Shoshana Batya.

I absolutely love my name. Interestingly, legally, my name is Shoshana Beth, and for a long time when I was a kid I was jealous that I didn't have 4 names like all my other siblings, who had to English and two Hebrew. Then I changed my mind and for a while thought I might want to change my legal name to Batya. But I came to love both my middle names.

Side note: since Shoshana is my legal name, it's on my name tag at work, I work at a theater, and I get so many compliments on it after someone's read it.

Ruchel

Post Wed, Mar 29 2017, 11:38 am
cbg wrote:
I know a few Shoshana Rosa
I like that
It sounds melodic
Even if Rosa isn't considered a Jewish name.

Oh, because it is Sefardi?
Sigh.
It's as Jewish as Raizel is. You're welcome.

amother
Pink

Post Wed, Mar 29 2017, 11:41 am
singleagain wrote:
I'm Shoshana Batya.

I absolutely love my name. Interestingly, legally, my name is Shoshana Beth, and for a long time when I was a kid I was jealous that I didn't have 4 names like all my other siblings, who had to English and two Hebrew. Then I changed my mind and for a while thought I might want to change my legal name to Batya. But I came to love both my middle names.

Side note: since Shoshana is my legal name, it's on my name tag at work, I work at a theater, and I get so many compliments on it after someone's read it.

Heh. I'm a Shoshana, too (would rather not post my middle name but it's in a similar vein to several posted above). Did you also notice a big increase in comments after a certain Tarentino movie came out?

Chayalle

Post Wed, Mar 29 2017, 11:44 am
cbg wrote:
I know a few Shoshana Rosa
I like that
It sounds melodic
Even if Rosa isn't considered a Jewish name.

Huh? It most certainly is. My great-great-grandmother was Rosa (or maybe the Chassidish pronunciation - Roiza - same name, though.) My girls love the name and plan on having daughters named Rosy. My niece (Shoshana Yael) is named after her.

I know quite a few very Jewish, very frum Rosa's.

abaker

Post Wed, Mar 29 2017, 12:26 pm
I know 2 people named Shoshana Tovah!

I like shoshana esther op

singleagain

Post Wed, Mar 29 2017, 12:49 pm
amother wrote:
Did you also notice a big increase in comments after a certain Tarentino movie came out?

One of the patrons kept talking abt that movie and and came to show me a clip from it, while I was seating ppl... It was a bit tricky to seat ppl and be polite to that patron showing me the clip.

amother
Pink

Post Wed, Mar 29 2017, 12:52 pm
singleagain wrote:
One of the patrons kept talking abt that movie and and came to show me a clip from it, while I was seating ppl... It was a bit tricky to seat ppl and be polite to that patron showing me the clip.

I can imagine. I was in school at the time and suddenly guys I barely knew were quoting it to me between classes. I think it's the only Tarentino film I've watched, but at some point I just had to see what everyone was talking about.

agreer

Post Wed, Mar 29 2017, 2:57 pm
Shoshana is a long, beautiful name! K.I.S.S. - keep it simple sweetie!

I do not see the need for another name.

amother
Burlywood

Post Wed, Mar 29 2017, 3:09 pm
Chayalle wrote:
Huh? It most certainly is. My great-great-grandmother was Rosa (or maybe the Chassidish pronunciation - Roiza - same name, though.) My girls love the name and plan on having daughters named Rosy. My niece (Shoshana Yael) is named after her.

I know quite a few very Jewish, very frum Rosa's.

Right. Same as my family. It's as Jewish as Breindel but somehow some people couldn't understand how I could call my daughter after my grandmothers non Jewish name.

mamallama

Post Wed, Mar 29 2017, 9:29 pm
I know 2 girls named Shoshana Yaffa - beautiful rose Smile

amother
Smokey

Post Wed, Mar 29 2017, 9:46 pm
Shoshana Rivka

That was supposed to be my name until family politics caused my parents to pick something else.

STMommy

Post Thu, Mar 30 2017, 8:58 am
mamallama wrote:
I know 2 girls named Shoshana Yaffa - beautiful rose Smile

That is such a gorgeous name!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names