Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
Instead of Word

myname1

Post Thu, Mar 30 2017, 8:11 am
This is the first (writing/editing) work I'm doing using word processing documents, as opposed to PDFs. My newcomputer only has an unlicensed version of Word 2016, which doesn't do much (but is useful for viewing documents). I downloaded Open Office, but the word processing program in it is very annoying. Copy/Pasting makes the text change format, some things on the page don't show up, and formatting tables and graphics is just generally annoying. Is there another free version that is more user friendly? Or should I buy Microsoft Office?

rgr

Post Thu, Mar 30 2017, 9:53 am
Google docs works pretty well, but you'll still have some differences in formation

saw50st8

Post Thu, Mar 30 2017, 9:56 am
If you are willing to use the online version of word, buy a subscription to one drive. It's Microsoft's cloud storage and it comes with Office 365. It's much cheaper than buying the full suite.

amother
Chocolate

Post Thu, Mar 30 2017, 10:21 am
I love Google Docs. It's free. Not everyone likes it, but many people do. I do all my work on Google Docs.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers