Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
What sick chinuch is this?
Previous  1  2  3

heidi

Post Thu, Mar 30 2017, 9:37 am
water_bear88 wrote:
Really? There are what, 6-7 million Jews in Israel? How many people were singing and dancing in glee about the murder of the Dawabsha family at that awful wedding? How many on this site absolutely refused to believe that a Jew could have committed that crime? I think you're vastly overestimating the proportion of normal to crazy, and ignoring the big subsection of normal that talks crazy in front of impressionable teenagers. Somebody keeps voting for Betzalel Smotrich, and a lot more than one in a million.

I guess you're not up on the latest news-- Shabak announced that it wasn't Jews who set the fire.

water_bear88

Post Thu, Mar 30 2017, 9:51 am
heidi wrote:
I guess you're not up on the latest news-- Shabak announced that it wasn't Jews who set the fire.

Link, please? I can't find anything of the sort on either Arutz 7 or Times of Israel.

ora_43

Post Fri, Mar 31 2017, 3:19 am
heidi wrote:

Are you talking about the Shabak announcement from a year ago? That was regarding a different fire in the same village. Palestinians were accusing "settlers" of doing it because the house belonged to a witness in the previous case, but the Shabak says it doesn't look like it.

The Duma suspects confessed.

SacN

Post Fri, Mar 31 2017, 3:29 am
Whoever said the comment about a Ben Sorer U'Morer--It says that there never will be one, and never has been.

It can't exist. Even a rasha can change. Any Jew can do teshuva.

chaiz

Post Fri, Mar 31 2017, 3:35 am
ora_43 wrote:

When did the Duma suspects confess? There were people who were held without charge and after a certain point they were released. But when I checked a while ago on the status I did not see any reports of confession. I think the perpetrators of Abu kdeihr's murder confessed.

shabbatiscoming

Post Fri, Mar 31 2017, 4:08 am
Seas wrote:
FTR what they did is totally wrong.

That said, there's a very good chance the incident didn't start when the when the clip does. What if she'd gone on a rampage beforehand, kicking and punching protesters? While it doesn't excuse their behavior, it certainly puts it into a different perspective.

My point is you can't watch a clip showing only a few seconds of something, without any context, and then pass judgement.
Im sorry but you can very much pass judgment on anyone who would yell and scream at a woman for walking around near charedi men and boys. There is nothing that this woman would have done, that would have made it correct for them to kick and scream at her.
The clip said this was part of a demonstration (I was wondering why the heck there were Israeli border police there) and that was why there were so many men and boys and also why there were border police there.
And Im sorry to say but if you think that there is any reason that a boy should be kicking a grown woman, then there is something wrong here with judaism.

shabbatiscoming

Post Fri, Mar 31 2017, 4:18 am
imasoftov wrote:
I also found a video at YWN's channel from a demonstration that seems to have been on Shabbat. Wouldn't it be ironic if they get criticized, not for using other people's videos, but because people think that they sent a photographer to film on Shabbat?

So this demonstration is even more bizarre. They were standing at a junction in downtown jerusalem. Not specifically charedi. It is near bikur cholim hospital and there are most definitely going to be cars driving there. It was not an exclusively charedi area. How completely bizarre.

ora_43

Post Fri, Mar 31 2017, 10:39 am
chaiz wrote:
When did the Duma suspects confess? There were people who were held without charge and after a certain point they were released. But when I checked a while ago on the status I did not see any reports of confession. I think the perpetrators of Abu kdeihr's murder confessed.

They confessed more than a year ago. The two main suspects are still in custody and currently on trial.

But apparently the main suspect is saying his confession was coerced.

cnc

Post Fri, Mar 31 2017, 10:47 am
SacN wrote:
Whoever said the comment about a Ben Sorer U'Morer--It says that there never will be one, and never has been.

It can't exist. Even a rasha can change. Any Jew can do teshuva.

This

water_bear88

Post Fri, Mar 31 2017, 10:50 am
ora_43 wrote:
Are you talking about the Shabak announcement from a year ago? That was regarding a different fire in the same village. Palestinians were accusing "settlers" of doing it because the house belonged to a witness in the previous case, but the Shabak says it doesn't look like it.

Thank you! I really couldn't find anything new on the topic other than that the main Duma suspect was put into solitary earlier this month for refusing to share his cell with a chiloni prisoner.

imasoftov

Post Sat, Jun 03 2017, 6:38 pm
imasoftov wrote:
I also found a video at YWN's channel from a demonstration that seems to have been on Shabbat. Wouldn't it be ironic if they get criticized, not for using other people's videos, but because people think that they sent a photographer to film on Shabbat?

I found the original of that video. The channel also has videos from other Shabbatot.

He also puts the still photos he takes on his Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/pg/%D.....lbums
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics