Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Shopping at BINGO for pesach

motherof5

Post Sun, Mar 19 2017, 4:53 pm
HI, I am planning to drive into Brooklyn to shop for pesach. I have never been to Bingo, but was thinking it may be the cheapest option. Has anyone been there lately, can I get most of my pesach shopping done there? are the prices good?

Thanks so much!

mirror

Post Sun, Mar 19 2017, 6:12 pm
Yes, the prices are good. The problem is that they don't offer free delivery. The store is not as busy as stores with a low fee delivery charge.

The only issue I have is the Cholov Yisroel Yogurts specifically, the prices are cheaper. However I sometimes find that the expiration dates are better in other stores. For Pesach, However, I am sure that the yogurts will have to be fresher since they didn't make Kosher for Pesach yogurts two months ago.

motherof5

Post Sun, Mar 19 2017, 7:02 pm
Thanks for the response. Since I live in NJ, the lack of delivery is a non issue for me, I just want to know I can get everything there!

rydys

Post Sun, Mar 19 2017, 7:14 pm
I was there today. They do seem to have most of the KLP foods. However, I was not impressed with the prices. I usually shop at Gourmet Glatt and the prices seemed comparable to me. Some of the specials were good, but I see those at other stores as well.

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Mar 19 2017, 7:25 pm
I heard that the blue pantry kosher lepesach line is much cheaper than the others

amother
Seafoam

Post Sun, Mar 19 2017, 7:41 pm
amother wrote:
I heard that the blue pantry kosher lepesach line is much cheaper than the others

Is that bingos line?

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, Mar 19 2017, 7:52 pm
amother wrote:
Is that bingos line?

Yes

amother
Amber

Post Mon, Mar 20 2017, 12:27 pm
I was there yesterday too, after spending upwards of 500 at KRM, just to see how it compares.

KRM had everything on my list except for Chareidim Matza, which they only had the broken, Cider Vinegar and the plastic containers of ground nuts.

KRM had every brand of the good kosher cookies- Oberlander and Hagada brands, and everything else I wanted. Bingo had their own brand of cookies (one type) in a choice of bright yellow, bright pink and bright green. Nauseating looking.

I walked through the aisles of Bingo and wouldnt have gotten most of what was on my list there. No Pesach dried fruit, no Pesach whole nuts in plastic containers like KRM had. I ended up buying a different brand of Shmura Matzah (they opened a box to show how thin it is) there though at a very good price.

macadamia

Post Sat, Apr 01 2017, 11:22 pm
Bingo blue line- their own brand is delicious. The bonbons and brownie cakes lady fingers all yummy .we tasted at home. And prices great

amother
Seafoam

Post Sat, Apr 01 2017, 11:23 pm
macadamia wrote:
Bingo blue line- their own brand is delicious. The bonbons and brownie cakes lady fingers all yummy .we tasted at home. And prices great

Who's hechsher do they have?

macadamia

Post Sat, Apr 01 2017, 11:37 pm
amother wrote:
Nirbatur. Its Ahron Teitelbaum . I believe stong enough

macadamia

Post Sat, Apr 01 2017, 11:39 pm
amother wrote:
Nirbatur. Its Ahron Teitelbaum . I believe stong enough

amother
Wine

Post Sat, Apr 01 2017, 11:41 pm
By the way. Grocery in Williamsburg sells poland water 1.5 liter close to 14 dollars amd bingo at around 7. I wish there was some shipping I mean delivery arrangement again.

amother
Amber

Post Sat, Apr 01 2017, 11:48 pm
macadamia wrote:

A few questions about Bingo:

1- Boxes of Oberlander and Hagada coookies range in price from 6 to 9 depending on which store. How much is a similar size box in Bingo?

Im glad to hear they got cookies other than bright green bright pink and bright yellow nauseatingly heavily colored ones!

2- Do they have containers of ground nuts that everyone uses for baking, reasonably priced?

3- Are the stainless pots they sell decent quality?

cnc

Post Sun, Apr 02 2017, 12:00 am
amother wrote:
A few questions about Bingo:

1- Boxes of Oberlander and Hagada coookies range in price from 6 to 9 depending on which store. How much is a similar size box in Bingo?

Im glad to hear they got cookies other than bright green bright pink and bright yellow nauseatingly heavily colored ones!

2- Do they have containers of ground nuts that everyone uses for baking, reasonably priced?

3- Are the stainless pots they sell decent quality?

Someone told me that the ground nuts are 99 cents and $1.99 .

macadamia

Post Sun, Apr 02 2017, 1:08 am
Chocolate brownies of 12 oz is 4.99 brand blupantry. Its cake .
Same brand bonbons delicious. I dont know the weight 3.99
Same brand baby fingers (tiny box) 1.79 I dont know the weight. I think these are great price. Taste is great.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, Apr 02 2017, 1:09 am
cnc wrote:
Someone told me that the ground nuts are 99 cents and $1.99 .

I heard that too.
I heard that potato starch is $.79 and large Costco sized bottles of Kedem grape juice is $4.99. The Israeli matzos are as low as $8.99/lb. Hot plates are $9.99. DH bought a case of baby fingers for $4.99.

chayamiriam

Post Sun, Apr 02 2017, 7:29 am
I just went Friday for the first time. I was very impressed the store is very big easy to shop. The parking I think is the best in Borough Park . The prices were very good.They had electrical appliances, dishes, tons of other items. The had Heimish brands and regular like Manisevitz items. Lots of interesting things that I never saw before from Israel. The meat was well priced and fresh. The check out lines very quick. I will certainly go back there!

macadamia

Post Sun, Apr 02 2017, 11:26 am
If anyone hears of ouside offerers ofering delivery outside please let me know . Id use them even if they are not official.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics