Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
TV on a break

workoutwoman613

Post Sun, Apr 02 2017, 4:05 am
We have a rule in my house. My kids (10,8,7,4) get a video one day a week totalling about 120 min. Unless u r sick and on the couch. However when it's a break I am inclined to give a bit more. I have no help at home (family, cleaning etc) and do need breaks and can't do tiyulim all day each day. How much more do people give on breaks? TIA

esuss

Post Sun, Apr 02 2017, 5:06 am
Breaks is the only time I allow my kids to watch a video altogether. I have to go into work even when my kids are off. So the rule is only one video a day while I am not home. After that I get extra arts and crafts projects or a new board game for them.

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Apr 02 2017, 5:31 am
There are no official rules when it comes to tv. Many families go entirely without tv/videos and would be mortified by the idea of allowing it. Other families find it entirely normal and allow it for 2 hours a day. Posting a question like this on a public forum with such a wide range of people is useless. You might have a chassidish bubby from willy answer that tv is poisen, or a modern pants wearing woman from 5towns would since it's harmless you can let them watch all day.

amother
Jade

Post Sun, Apr 02 2017, 5:45 am
On a regular day there is no TV watching in our home. I prefer that my kids engage in activities vs passive watching. For breaks I buy some new projects that they can do independently and are age appropriate, and I stock up on library books.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Apr 03 2017, 5:48 am
We don't have TV but do videos, as much as they want as long as they also do other things at the same time, or at other times, and have good grades.

workoutwoman613

Post Mon, Apr 03 2017, 6:25 am
I should add my husband is away for 3 1/2 weeks and I'm alone with 5 kids under 10. And now the oldest is getting sick. OK. It's all out the window. Video's it is 😋😋😋

amother
Jade

Post Mon, Apr 03 2017, 6:30 am
workoutwoman613 wrote:
I should add my husband is away for 3 1/2 weeks and I'm alone with 5 kids under 10. And now the oldest is getting sick. OK. It's all out the window. Video's it is 😋😋😋

Oh my goodness! That's not just kids on a break, that's crisis mode. Whatever it takes! Best of luck.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics