Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
This cannot be coincidence

MiracleMama

Post Mon, Apr 03 2017, 2:39 pm
DH went online this morning to a website of a resort in a very middle of nowhere place where we are considering going on family vacation. He called them from his cell. Now my cell phone is ringing all day with random solicitation calls from that Nowheresville place. It doesn't even make sense. This is a one traffic light town. There are no businesses there besides this resort. It's like someone saw what we were looking at online and decided we would now answer calls from that area code thinking it's the resort. I feel totally violated and I don't even understand how it's happening. Any tech-savvy women out there who can explain it to me and what to do about it? No way this can be coincidence.

Ilovemaryland

Post Mon, Apr 03 2017, 2:44 pm
Its called Google marketing . I turn off my location and use a proxy or HMA browser to shop and my husb thinks im nuts

I just go to Walmart and for the next week Walmart and every treif restaurant in a 5 mile radius is blitzing my husb phone.

treestump

Post Mon, Apr 03 2017, 2:49 pm
Why do you think Gmail, Google Drive, and most Google services are free?

It's because you're not the customer. You're the product.

Google collects your data, and uses it to send you customized ads. This way, they can charge a nice amount of money for people buying Google ads. They know that the ads are being sent to their target audience.

Officially, no one is reading your personal info, it is all done through impersonal algorithms.

But that's why there's a browser called Duckduckgo which was specifically created to ensure maximum privacy and doesn't track you.

MiracleMama

Post Mon, Apr 03 2017, 2:49 pm
Ilovemaryland wrote:
Its called Google marketing . I turn off my location and use a proxy or HMA browser to shop and my husb thinks im nuts

I just go to Walmart and for the next week Walmart and every treif restaurant in a 5 mile radius is blitzing my husb phone.

Wow, I have no idea what exactly that means or how to do it but my husband is pretty good with computers so I'll have to ask him to teach me and do this himself as well.

I have in the past gotten emails right away from stores I was browsing online (which is obnoxious enough) but this is the first time I get random phone calls on my cell like this all pretending to be from this location which they just can't be from.

Ilovemaryland

Post Mon, Apr 03 2017, 3:52 pm
https://youtu.be/aPm2GMGS56E
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics