Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Advice for need to cut out dairy, etc when nursing

amother
Wheat

Post Mon, Apr 03 2017, 3:29 pm
Baby is 4 weeks old. Breastfeeding and supplementing 2 to 4 oz per day, as needed. Sleeps a stretch at night usually. Will only sleep a stretch when place on stomach in pack n play ( no bashing please). I do this with no blanket, yes pacifier and nothing else in crib. I know it's not recommended so I do it in what feels like the safest possible way ( I also happen to believe that research about back to sleep to avoid sids will be disproven eventually , but that's another story) but baby wont sleep for more than 5 minutes otherwise.
So my question is, if she cries a lot but generally calms as long as she is held, would u assume she is getting enough to eat ( otherwise why would she can down when held and not feed more?)
and/or should I consider cutting or good items such as dairy from my diet ( maybe is her stomach). I prefer not to have to limit my diet as far as dairy/ veg before pesach when we are so limited already and also, after pesach I will want to diet and would also rather not cut out veg/ dairy.

Any ideas/ advice would be appreciated.

amother
Lilac

Post Mon, Apr 03 2017, 4:42 pm
in my experience, changing your diet when nursing usually helps with acid reflux/spitting up and very bad colic.
I went off dairy for 2 of my babies and I saw a big difference, but not in their disposition, I saw a difference in how much they spit up and how uncomfortable they seemed.

my pediatrician one time told me that if baby is only happy being held then the baby is fine.
babies like to be held. its just how it is.
changing your diet will not change that at all.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics