Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
MYOB?
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Hotpink

Post Tue, Apr 04 2017, 10:22 am
amother wrote:
Every body is different, so yes, I believe that she can have weight packed onto a certain area that she would like to lose. 130 is me in my ninth month and I'm 5'5 too.. it's just the way my frame is. I don't look emaciated by any means.

No, I calculated it earlier, it's a BMI of 21-point-something. I'm sure she looks great and so do you! Losing enough more to lose the particular area that's still stubborn at that weight though, probably isn't healthy.

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Apr 04 2017, 4:00 pm
Fabulous wrote:
it's also a look. My dd is in 40th percentile weight and 80th height and she gives a petite impression. I think it's because her face is small. She also loves to eat, although I provide only healthy options and she doesn't stop moving. She's got a cute little belly but skinny everywhere else. I had started to put her on blue milk (less fat) but doctor said not, the extra fat is needed for brain development.

She's petite bec. her height and weight aren't proportionate; she's taller than average, but slightly skinnier than average.

I have a dc who's about 40th for weight and under 10th for height, and looks chubby.

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, Apr 04 2017, 9:12 pm
Only responding to original op not the philosophical arguments--- the foods ur listing are not unhealthy but also not super filling, u can suggest that she start her off with eggs instead and more real food without making her about her weight.... honestly I know I and the kids I feed only use cereal and yogurt as snacks cuz they don't fill the same way eggs and cheese do.

aquad

Post Wed, Apr 05 2017, 1:56 am
As it happens, Squishy is right that babies don't possess an internal satiation switch: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com...../full

"Several studies suggest that hunger and satiation are not the only drivers for infant consumption but that hedonic responses to food also play a role."
"Furthermore, what is not known is the relative contribution made by hunger and hedonic aspects of eating to issues such as consumption and duration of eating."

The article also notes "Hunger cues are easier to perceive by mothers than satiation cues".

OTOH, babies at that age are expected to play hard, grow a ton, and gain weight- that does require a lot of food consumption! Israel has a great pediatric healthcare system, so if there was a reason to be worried, the mother would know.

Edit: my 21 month old ate for dinner tonight half a sweet potato, a full salmon fillet, and a full fat yogurt with wheat germ. She's also able to pack away a full chicken quarter, a generous serving of salad, and ask for more. She's totally average weight and height. Toddlers do eat a lot, and so long as they are getting healthy options there's nothing wrong with that.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics