Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Devorah Samet
Previous  1  2

President

Post Wed, Apr 05 2017, 7:50 am
my daughter is in first grade too. She's also not scared of being sent to the principal and can also mix food by lunch. But I believe it's because she has a happy go lucky couldn't care less nature and she can act immature at times (which she considers fun). The teachers dont view it as a serious issue. Yes, she needs to be reminded more than the serious nature kid but that doesn't mean she needs major help. She'll grow up iyh.

seeker

Post Wed, Apr 05 2017, 9:36 am
I was thinking the same thing about the "improved" comment but forgot to write it! Also cross posted with saddle brown and agree with pretty much everything she said.

debsey

Post Wed, Apr 05 2017, 10:43 am
amother wrote:
I also want to add
You said that the Hebrew teacher said your daughter has come a long way from the beginning of the year. Did this teacher discuss the issues your daughter was having at the beginning? Is her behavior right now actually appropriate, or is it just better than it used to be?

I once taught a child with serious behavioral issues and the mother was reluctant to get her tested. By the middle of the year, I was praising the child to the mother saying how much she had improved. The mother said, "You see, I knew I shouldn't have bothered testing her." That taught me a huge lesson because the girl's behavior was still not on grade level . (She used to be getting out of her seat every five minutes and now it was only 3 times a day. .. Was getting into fights only a few times a week, instead of daily...) It taught me to be honest with parents even when it is so much easier and more pleasant to talk about how much their child is improving.

ITA with this. But why is the school jumping to a private evaluation? Have you done your free Board of Ed evals, just to get a picture of what's going on? That would seem to be the first step.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics