Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
How long till raw minced fish goes off????

newme

Post Wed, Apr 05 2017, 4:36 pm
I had a delivery today of 3kg raw minced fish that I planned to prepare gefilte for teh entire pesach with.

I got sidetracked with a million other things - and am now too exhausted to think of doing it tonight. Will the raw minced fish keep till tomorrow? I'll see that the gefilte is one of teh first chores of my day- but I don't want it to go off!
Does anyone here have any experience with keeping raw fish in the fridge (minced!)???!!
Thx

gp2.0

Post Wed, Apr 05 2017, 4:45 pm
Raw fish is fine 1-2 days in the fridge. Counting today as day 1, tomorrow is day 2. If it's cooked tomorrow I think it'll be fine.

newme

Post Wed, Apr 05 2017, 4:52 pm
It is a large amount - I plan to prepare the logs/balls and freeze them so they'll be ready to cook from frozen. I won;t be cooking it tomorrow -but they'll go straight in the freezer. Does that make a difference?

gp2.0

Post Wed, Apr 05 2017, 4:56 pm
newme wrote:
It is a large amount - I plan to prepare the logs/balls and freeze them so they'll be ready to cook from frozen. I won;t be cooking it tomorrow -but they'll go straight in the freezer. Does that make a difference?

I think it's fine to freeze instead of cook. It just can't stay at fridge temperature for more than 2 days.

newme

Post Wed, Apr 05 2017, 4:57 pm
Thx. How can I know whether it wasn't already at the fishmonger's overnight?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen