Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Please share your pesach freezer recipes!
Previous  1  2

essie14

Post Sat, Apr 01 2017, 9:52 pm
amother wrote:
Can you please post the meatballs recipe?
Thanks

Shred 1 large onion and 1-2 potatoes in food processor. Combine with 1 kilo ground beef and 1 kilo ground turkey. Add 2-4 eggs and matza meal to bind. Combine well.

Heat up 3 large bottles of jarred marinara sauce. Drop in meatballs and simmer 45-60 min

studying_torah

Post Mon, Apr 03 2017, 8:40 am
B'shaa Tova, Essie!

chayamiriam

Post Mon, Apr 03 2017, 10:12 am
Are you adding raw or cooked potatoes to the meatloaf receipe ?

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Apr 06 2017, 6:43 pm
essie14 wrote:
Shred 1 large onion and 1-2 potatoes in food processor. Combine with 1 kilo ground beef and 1 kilo ground turkey. Add 2-4 eggs and matza meal to bind. Combine well.

Heat up 3 large bottles of jarred marinara sauce. Drop in meatballs and simmer 45-60 min

Thank you so much!

I cooked up my own version of sauce- sautee onions, zuchini and tomatoes, salt, pepper n sugar and blended.

If I dont use matza meal should I put potato starch instead? Or maybe ground nuts?

essie14

Post Thu, Apr 06 2017, 7:15 pm
amother wrote:
Thank you so much!

I cooked up my own version of sauce- sautee onions, zuchini and tomatoes, salt, pepper n sugar and blended.

If I dont use matza meal should I put potato starch instead? Or maybe ground nuts?

Potato starch can't hurt or another shredded potato if it feels like it needs more binder. I don't think I would enjoy the flavor of ground nuts in meatballs.
Enjoy!

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Apr 06 2017, 8:39 pm
essie14 wrote:
Potato starch can't hurt or another shredded potato if it feels like it needs more binder. I don't think I would enjoy the flavor of ground nuts in meatballs.
Enjoy!

Thanx. I made them.
It was a huge amount. I made a smallish meat loaf when I got tired of forming balls.
It did need more of a binder. I guess next time Ill put more potato and/or starch. Im definitely going to try again.
Also, next time I would omit the zuchini from the sauce. And rather add cubes later to the pot simultaneously with the meat.
Thanx again for this recipe.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen