Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Weird noise coming from my fridge/freezer

Sunny Days

Post Thu, Apr 06 2017, 10:07 pm
It sounds like either running water or kind of a sizzling sound no smell and can't see anything so it must be in motor or something.

Will call the management in the morning and hope they'll b able to send someone before shabbos. But I'm really nervous about it conking out for during the night or chv something else.

Any clue on what it can be and what I can do??

Sunny Days

Post Thu, Apr 06 2017, 11:19 pm
Bump!

Pickle1

Post Thu, Apr 06 2017, 11:21 pm
I work in an appliance place - get these questions all the time - just for basic troublehshooting - is this a new freezer u just got or an old one that these sounds just started out of the blue?

Sunny Days

Post Thu, Apr 06 2017, 11:29 pm
I've been living here about 6 years so it's it older than that.

Pickle1

Post Thu, Apr 06 2017, 11:35 pm
as long as you haven't done anything pre-pesach that would cause this (like lining shelves with foil or plastic and blocking air flow, or leaving the doors open for a few hrs while u cleaned it) then yeah, u prob need to call a repair guy - prob some ice stuck in the fan motor/drain that needs to be cleaned out. just so u know, the fridge goes through cycles and one of the cycles is that the water drips down to back/bottom (makes a dripping sound) and then it evaporates out - so maybe u just never noticed this before...

Pickle1

Post Thu, Apr 06 2017, 11:36 pm
oh, and good luck finding s/o b4 shbbs!

Sunny Days

Post Thu, Apr 06 2017, 11:39 pm
I did line the shelf like I always do and it's not blocking anything. I shut the fridge off when I cleaned it and had the door open. Nothing unusual or different then usually done, plus that was yesterday...
I hope the repair guy can come tomorrow!

Thank you Mim!

Pickle1

Post Thu, Apr 06 2017, 11:43 pm
good luck to u! if u shut fridge when u cleaned it and that was yesterday - that wouldn't cause this. if I were u I would turn the fridge to a cooler setting tonight...just in case....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics