Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
When is your hair uncovered?
Previous  1  2

amother
Slategray

Post Thu, Apr 06 2017, 8:07 am
At home, and any other time when I am not in my community. That includes at work and any other times I am out of town.

amother
Blonde

Post Thu, Apr 06 2017, 8:08 am
Never except if it slips off my head when I am sleeping, and in the shower-duh

amother
Tan

Post Thu, Apr 06 2017, 9:40 am
My hair is covered when I leave the house or if a man visits my house, so if someone knocks I'll throw on a baseball cap or my sweatshirt hood. Because my mother and sisters in law cover their hair all the time, I actually do cover in front of my father and brothers. I don't know if I believe in the whole hair-covering thing, but I do believe in tznius and not sticking out so while everyone around me covers I continue to.

mha3484

Post Thu, Apr 06 2017, 10:50 am
It is covered when I get dressed for the day and I uncover at bedtime usually. I will some times walk around with it uncovered when I am helping the kids in the morning or after I take a shower at night.

amother
Papaya

Post Thu, Apr 06 2017, 1:32 pm
my hair is only covered around men that are not my DH. Otherwise I uncover.

amother
Navy

Post Thu, Apr 06 2017, 5:45 pm
Right after I wash my hair as I don't like the feeling of wet hair under a snood.

Librarian

Post Thu, Apr 06 2017, 6:52 pm
Only uncovered when I take a shower or the mikvah.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Thu, Apr 06 2017, 7:05 pm
I always cover my hair but in the house I'm much more lax, will walk around with my hair uncovered. I also sometimes do exercise dvds in my dining room with my hair uncovered - but nipped that practice in the bud when my male boarder walked in unannounced (something he'd never done before) and I was hugely embarrassed.

mille

Post Thu, Apr 06 2017, 8:25 pm
I'm another uncovered-except-shul person.

amother
Mustard

Post Fri, Apr 07 2017, 4:54 am
For those who are covered except at mikva or the shower, does that mean you are also covered during intimacy?

Iymnok

Post Fri, Apr 07 2017, 5:03 am
amother wrote:
For those who are covered except at mikva or the shower, does that mean you are also covered during intimacy?
yep, and dh keeps his kippa on.

shabbatiscoming

Post Fri, Apr 07 2017, 6:01 am
I cover out of the house and in the house if there is a male that I am not related to. I also sometimes uncover when we are in the car at night (when nobody can really see - and then I can feel the wind in my hair)
O sometimes answer the door with something on my head and sometimes not. But in m own home I know that there is a shita that says I can uncover, even in front of men, so Im fine with that.

wazup

Post Fri, Apr 07 2017, 11:32 am
amother wrote:

yup
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics