Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains
Strollers for Israel - tel?

hillary

Post Thu, Apr 06 2017, 9:51 am
Dh was helping an Israeli meshulach here in America, taking him around collecting funds etc, when he learned that the meshulach is expecting his 13th child and they are desperate for a stroller. Now, shortly before Pesach, he was astounded by the quality of strollers deposited for the garbage.
I have heard of an organization in Brooklyn that provides strollers for the needy in Israel and I was wondering if someone here knows the phone number and information.

Just as an idea as to what we are dealing with. This meshulach told DH that with funds raised he can purchase a bed for his eight months pregnant wife, who is currently sleeping on a mattress on the floor. The meshulach himself sleeps on chairs in the salon.

Thanks and tizku lemitzvos

shabbatiscoming

Post Fri, Apr 07 2017, 6:26 am
Then can I ask a terrible question? How did the meshulach raise the funds to fly to america? Thats not a small amount of money either.
And if he is raising enough for a bed for his wife, thats about the same amount of money as a ticket (maybe a little bit more)
Im sorry, just trying to understand this.

champion

Post Fri, Apr 07 2017, 9:31 am
Op was asking for a number for a second hand stroller. Heck, she wasn't even asking for your money.
I might not either agree with the life choices this man made. But at this moment in history he needs help. This is not the right moment to reeducate the masses.

hillary

Post Sun, Apr 09 2017, 5:16 am
If you must know, he spends about $1000 on a ticket amd raises about $12000 while here. What is the question again?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains