Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
How long is your hair?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

Whats your hair length?
ear length or shorter - chassidish  
 12%  [ 44 ]
ear length or shorter - Not chassidish  
 7%  [ 26 ]
Neck length  
 11%  [ 42 ]
Shoulder length  
 27%  [ 101 ]
Armpit length  
 18%  [ 66 ]
Mid Back length  
 22%  [ 83 ]
Total Votes : 362

Water Stones

Post Wed, Apr 05 2017, 9:58 am
My hair is now shoulder length. Before I got married it was long down my back and I cut it to a "pixie cut" to fit it under a wig. It look really cute and my dh said so too. I'm growing it back longer now, to have a change. And I learned how to fit it under the wig.

I wish I could wear tichels, but that's a nother thing!

We're Lubavitch.

STMommy

Post Wed, Apr 05 2017, 5:21 pm
Related story -
When I was in my year in Israel, I was once with one of my mentors when she took off her tichel to adjust it. She had the most gorgeous long silver hair that went all the way down her back. At that moment I thought she was one of the coolest women ever.

Moonlight

Post Wed, Apr 05 2017, 7:25 pm
Armpit. I wish you had called it axillary though!
I get it cut (in private area in real salon) shoulder length but long enough for a pony and then let it grow until it gets annoying with getting it under my sheitel. I'm approaching that limit now....
I once had DH cut it - big mistake.

amother
Cobalt

Post Wed, Apr 05 2017, 8:16 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
I used to have hair past my waist, but when I started covering my hair, it was giving my migraines. Once I cut it I felt much better. I still miss it, though. Sad

FF , Im about your age. Would we look good in long hair
I used to have long below shoulder hair with silver hilights.
But my husband kept calling me Joan Baez and singing her songs to me. So I cut my hair. Short..

little_mage

Post Thu, Apr 06 2017, 3:23 am
My hair is currently about shoulder length. However, I exclusively wear tichels, and actually prefer it about armpit length or longer. It was down to my waist before I cut it this last time...

Blue jay

Post Thu, Apr 06 2017, 6:05 am
my hair is long, I keep meaning to get a haircut but there are no "woman only" tsniut salons in my neighborhood!

I prefer it to be shoulder length, long enough for a pony tail and then wrapped in my hat or scarf.

Blue jay

Post Thu, Apr 06 2017, 6:05 am
Also what is the best way to cut your own long hair? Since we are on the subject...

amother
Brunette

Post Thu, Apr 06 2017, 8:03 am
I wear a shoulder length shaitle because of tznious reasons. I love my hair. It is mid-back, wavy, thick and beautiful. I love it long, my husband loves it long, that's all there is to it. I do not find it hard to fit under a shaitle--I have a whole method...

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Apr 09 2017, 4:31 am
Mine is long and getting longer my husb only likes it when I straighten it. Which is almost never. Its a massive pain to comb every month at the mikvah but I keep it long for my husband. I cut it once when I got fed up with the length...but now its about halfway down my back. Next time I cut it ill donate it

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, Apr 09 2017, 5:44 am
amother wrote:
Mine is long and getting longer my husb only likes it when I straighten it. Which is almost never. Its a massive pain to comb every month at the mikvah but I keep it long for my husband. I cut it once when I got fed up with the length...but now its about halfway down my back. Next time I cut it ill donate it

You should a straightening.

windowwiper

Post Sun, Dec 16 2018, 1:02 am
(Just came across this feed ) My hair is mid back length and I love it 😍

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Dec 16 2018, 1:06 am
happily shaved!

windowwiper

Post Sun, Dec 16 2018, 1:07 am
😯

amother
Violet

Post Sun, Dec 16 2018, 1:09 am
amother wrote:
I have a really strange haircut, but it works for me.
I have a man's haircut but then I have very long bangs up to my nose.
Like a wow band
I keep it this way to keep my "peyot" from coming out of my tichel.
I'm trying to grow my bangs enough to wear into a pony on top of my head.
It works for me

Same for me.
I had long hair when I got married. I grew and donated it twice but it gave me headaches and looked bad under my sheitel. So I shaved the back and kept the front long enough to put in a clip so the peyot won't slip out.

groisamomma

Post Sun, Dec 16 2018, 1:15 am
windowwiper wrote:
😯

What's with that emoji? Welcome to Imamother, where there are many women that are chassidish and shave, and are actually happy doing so. I respect them for keeping their minhag happily that others, including me, find so hard to do.

Mine is shoulder length. My shaitel macher cuts it. I'm surprised nobody else wrote that.

Teacher_EW

Post Sun, Dec 16 2018, 1:16 am
I grew my hair twice for donation. Both times I cut off over 20 inches and ended up with shoulder length hair. Right now it had been a few months, almost a year, since I cut it, so it is, as you would say, armpit length.

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Dec 16 2018, 1:19 am
amother wrote:
Same for me.
I had long hair when I got married. I grew and donated it twice but it gave me headaches and looked bad under my sheitel. So I shaved the back and kept the front long enough to put in a clip so the peyot won't slip out.

Can u see from the back of snood that u shaved in back? I’m thinking of shaving back too and wondering about that, if it will show from back corners

Rappel

Post Sun, Dec 16 2018, 1:35 am
My hair used to be thigh-length, but after I gave birth to my second child, it became a hassle to care for.

So I braided it, cut it off, and then took DH's buzzer and gave myself an 8. It was so fuzzy, and I loved it! (DH did too Wink)

I grew it out slightly so it would be easier to cover. Now it's about 3 inches long, cute, confortable, easy to put under a mitpachat, and easy to care for.

I wish I'd had the courage to do this back when I was single!

windowwiper

Post Sun, Dec 16 2018, 1:41 am
Does anyone else find their hair thinning ? I used to have gorgeous long thick hair and lately it’s been thinning out 😞

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, Dec 16 2018, 1:55 am
I've thought of doing a boycut for a while now.. approx 3 inches . Cut professionally.

I'm just concerned about the hairs sticking out- I can't wear one of these velvet wig bands cuz of headaches.
I wear wig/snood
Anyone have a short haircut- I'd love to hear how you keep hairs from sticking out.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics