Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Recipe for sweet potato crust onion tart

saramalka

Post Wed, Apr 12 2017, 5:41 pm
I made this for first day, It was yum, but I cant find the recipe. Anyone have it and can share with me?

Rosemarie

Post Fri, Apr 14 2017, 10:03 am
This sounds so interesting. I would love to try it if someone can find the recipe

vet techy

Post Fri, Apr 14 2017, 10:29 am
Two medium sweet potatoes.
One and a half teaspoon salt divided.
Pinch of pepper
Two tablespoons olive oil
To Spanish onions diced
2 cloves garlic minced
Two eggs
A half a cup plus 2 tablespoons kosher pesach panko crumbs divided

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
Peel the sweet potatoes and using a very sharp knife cut into 1/8 inch rounds. Spray a round baking dish or tart pan with cooking spray and lay some of the sweet potatoes on the bottom of the pan overlapping somewhat so there are no gaps. The sweet potatoes will shrink while cooking so make sure the slice is overlap enough. Take additional slices and stand them up around the edge of the pan overlapping by 1/4 inch creating a crust. Spray again and season with a half a teaspoon salt and a pinch of pepper. Bake for 25 minutes or until the top edges are starting to Brown. Remove from oven and let cool lower oven heat to 350. Meanwhile heat olive oil in a large frying pan and saute the onions and garlic until they are lightly golden. Remove from heat and add the eggs remaining teaspoon of salt and a half a cup panko crumbs. Pour into prepared crust and sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons panko. Bake for 1 hour or until set.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics