Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
I wish I felt okay/pretty without makeup!!!!

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sun, Apr 16 2017, 2:56 pm
But I don't!!!!

I have very fair skin. No rosy cheeks, all over whiteness. I have very sparse and thin and short eyelashes.

I just feel ugly without makeup. I wish I felt okay! I have company and didn't even feel that I could go to the kitchen for a quick breakfast today without makeup.

I do walk around without makeup at home alll the time, so I'm used to my look. I just do not feel publicly presentable! Thankfully DH is attracted to me without any makeup and in the most hideous comfy pj's!

I was thinking of getting those thick lash extensions but they cost $150 and only last three weeks. I just WISH I could wake up and feel pretty naturally!!!!

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Apr 16 2017, 4:28 pm
You can get a kit on Amazon to dye your eyelashes. That helps some. You can also have them dyed in a salon.

amother
Slategray

Post Sun, Apr 16 2017, 4:57 pm
Op, I also feel ugly without makeup, my skin gets extra red without face make up but if I had normal even skin tone I would only wear eye makeup and not face makeup but I have no choice.

Totally understand you, op.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sun, Apr 16 2017, 5:07 pm
How about false lashes? They take a little practice, but once you get the hang of it they're really easy to use. I wear them for special events but I have a friend who wears them daily.

amother
Cerise

Post Sun, Apr 16 2017, 5:17 pm
I totally understand you OP. I felt this way from age 16-20 because of pale skin and from 20-26 because of terrible acne. It took my till I was 27 to get my acne under control, and by then I was so thrilled that my acne was gone that I cared less about the paleness. (I am also blonde so the eyelash situation is comparable). I wear tons of eye make up every day, and even when I take it off at night there is always a tiny bit on still when I wake up--that amount is fine with me to be seen by close family. Before mikva though, forget about it, I don't even want to see myself then! What I would do is use the minimum make up you can--put a drop of mascara and a small sweep of blush, and go out. Do the minimum you need to feel ok, and then over time you will get used to less and less. For me, I am embarrassed without eyebrows and mascara, and even though I wear a full face outside every day, with that amount I can be ok in the AM. Also, you are probably a whole lot prettier than you see yourself, it's just that you got used to the make up so it's hard to get used to your face without it.

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, Apr 16 2017, 6:46 pm
Here's what I do to feel better without makeup:
- I use latisse to grow my real lashes (it's prescription) and I dye my lashes and brows every few weeks. Eyelash extensions are a good idea, too, but I can't sit for two hours for an application and it's temporary.
- I use a self tanning oil in my moisturizer nightly to give me a little color and glow
- I always choose kerchiefs/snoods in colors that complement my skin tone rather than wash me out. For me, that's dark jewel tones and never ever light grays or beiges. For you it may be the opposite--try on different colors, maybe take pictures, and see what flatters you.
- I try hard to stay in shape so that even if my face isn't perfect, I still feel really good about how I look.
Smile

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sun, Apr 16 2017, 6:57 pm
Op here. Thank you! Great ideas!

I once got false lashes for a wedding and slept in them and woke up with my eyes swollen. But maybe I should try them again. If I can do them on Friday afternoons and have them still there Shabbos morning that would be amazing.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics