Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Musty Smell - How to get rid of?

Tekky

Post Tue, Apr 18 2017, 11:35 pm
We bought a house a couple of months ago and had it treated from top to bottom by a mold guy. We ripped everything out and put in all new flooring, carpets, kitchen, etc. However the musty smell is still not gone! It hits me every time I go away for a bit and then come back home.

Anyone have any suggestions with how to fix this?

amother
Goldenrod

Post Tue, Apr 18 2017, 11:40 pm
Same here. No solutions sorry. I'll be watching this.

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Apr 18 2017, 11:57 pm
Don't Know if this helps
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jL67Sj8Q-Uw
Maybe, wash your floors with white vinegar.

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, Apr 19 2017, 12:01 am
Maybe cat littler stuff those balls??..
I hace carpets and water got onto it so I bought a 250$ machine on Amazon a dehumidifier Frigidaire and I sometimes use it.

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Apr 19 2017, 12:14 am
You should air out your house as often as you can. Open windows wide in good weather and at least crack a window open every so often even if it's cold outside.

Most places smell a little musty when they've been locked up for a while and the air gets stale. When you're in and out of your house during the day or open a window then fresh air gets in.

We moved into our house when I was newly pregnant. After a few weeks I became very sensitive to smells and I constantly cried to DH that we made a mistake because the house smelled. Everyone thought I was nuts because I was the only one who could smell it, but I insisted on keeping the windows open wide even when it got freezing cold outside. It really helped with the smell and eventually the sensitivity passed. I still catch a whiff of that same smell when we come back from an extended absence such as Yom Tov away or a vacation. A short period of airing out the house usually takes care of it.

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Apr 19 2017, 4:01 am
If after airing out your house for a while, the smell is still there, it could be that you still have some mold somewhere. It would probably be beneficial to get someone professional to come in to figure it out.
Mold is anything but funny. It is dangerous to your health.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics