Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Until what time do you stay up on Motzei Pesach?
1  2  3  Next

Until what time do you stay up on Motzei Pesach?
Were asleep same time as usual  
 16%  [ 25 ]
We go to sleep by midnight  
 24%  [ 37 ]
We go to sleep before 2 am  
 39%  [ 59 ]
We go to sleep before 4 am  
 15%  [ 24 ]
We go to sleep before 6 am  
 0%  [ 1 ]
We never make it to bed  
 0%  [ 1 ]
Other, please clarify  
 2%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 151

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Apr 19 2017, 5:56 am
Anyone who makes Pesach in their own house, do you stay up all night on Motzei Pesach, putting away Pesach dishes, etc and bringing back Chometz dishes?

Does your husband stay up as long as you do?

Do you do work every minute, or do you take breaks, like to go on Imamother?

Raisin

Post Wed, Apr 19 2017, 5:59 am
We were finished at 11pm. Pesach out 9.15. My 5 older kids (9 and up) helped putting away boxes. Then we made pizza.

Still lots of stuff out of place and extra boxes all around and my chometz stuff needs putting back.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Wed, Apr 19 2017, 6:09 am
Anonymous to protect dh.
It would have been all cleaned up and put away in 1 1/2 -2hrs. But he got involved with work related stuff before starting without telling me.
I was so in bed by midnight with nearly all the pesach dishes away.
I also should've put in a few loads of laundry, but I didn't.
Dh uncovered the counters yesterday I think and took out lots of garbage.
I'm using lots of disposables since I'm burnt out.

water_bear88

Post Wed, Apr 19 2017, 6:19 am
No good reason here to stay up past midnight. I finished up dishes by last night, and the last box is sitting on the dining-room table waiting for the table linens that are still on the line. We managed quite happily for an extra day with matza, given the addition of KLP kitniyot.

Post Wed, Apr 19 2017, 6:29 am
We are about almost done - oven just needs to be wiped from self cleaning. We worked until midnight. I worked straight through while DH and the kids took a break to eat around 11.

I answered we were up until 2 in the poll because DH and I didn't get to sleep right away.

devash1

Post Wed, Apr 19 2017, 6:43 am
With my kids helping which was about three of them we were done in less than two hours. I don't find changing back takes very long. I had most of the dishes done before Yom Tov so I didn't have that much to wash after which probably saved a bit of time.

imasinger

Post Wed, Apr 19 2017, 6:52 am
I was asleep between 12 and 1. Rest of the family was too tired to do much and went to bed on time.

The consequence is that there is no chametz in the house yet. I have all the boxes packed, but will need help uncovering, shlepping boxes, and putting back the regular kitchen. Then, several hours of shopping so as to get the best prices restocking.

DH has to work and isn't feeling well, so it has been and will continue to be mostly me.

Which is somewhat annoying, but he cooked such wonderful meat for YT that we still have left over for the next few Shabboses that I really can't complain too much.

esuss

Post Wed, Apr 19 2017, 7:03 am
Was in bed by midnight but not quite finished. Left some pots to air dry. And will put away now.

amother
Apricot

Post Wed, Apr 19 2017, 7:30 am
We were finished and in bed quickly but sleep didn't necessarily come due to our recent lack of schedule over YT. Tongue Out

Aylat

Post Wed, Apr 19 2017, 8:01 am
I didn't do anything motzei chag except put in a load of laundry. DH did most of the washing up. Over isru chag (yesterday, I'm in Israel) I packed everything up. Ordered pizza supper for our first chametz and ate it in the park. Tablecloths and dishtowels still need to be washed, boxes need to be moved back to shed and chometz dishes need to come out again.

Not stressed about it, but I am dreaming of having Pesach cupboards in my kitchen that I can just seal shut after Pesach without any fuss.

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Apr 19 2017, 8:09 am
We got home around 9:30. I went to put the baby to sleep. When I came out a half hour later my husband and boys had almost finished turning the kitchen back to chometz and packed away all the pesach dishes, counter covers, sink inserts, etc... I helped them finish and cleaned up the dining room. Then they went to watch a movie together while I put up a big pot of mac and cheese. I served them and we all watched and ate together. I think we all went to bed at 11:30. The chometz and the dishes will find their way back into the cabinets over the next day or two. The laundry will also be done over today and tomorrow.

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Apr 19 2017, 8:14 am
I washed the remaining dishes, and we put away the dishes, silverware, and glasses. Everything else will be boxed up today, and my husband will put it away when he gets home from work. I will be doing it all (mostly) on my own- my kids are 10, almost 8, and almost 5, and will help here and there, but the brunt will be on me.

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Apr 19 2017, 8:23 am
OP here. After 2 families here almost all Pesach, we didnt start till 11 pm when company left.

Both sinks were full of dishes and flatware and had to be washed and had to be put back in boxes to be stored away. Same for many bowls, pots and pans. Pesach sinks had to be washed and removed. I have every appliance imaginable, glassware, lots of flatware, etc. I cant even remember everything that had to be washed and put away.

Without breaks we went to sleep after 5 am.

Im the only one?

amother
Apricot

Post Wed, Apr 19 2017, 8:36 am
We don't use any dishes the second days. All pots and pans are washed before chol hamoed cooking ends. That's the only way I can manage pesach clean-up. BH it's a breeze and I can get back to work early the next morning.

toastedbagel

Post Wed, Apr 19 2017, 8:49 am
Usually we are up until 4 or 5, but this year with all kids helping, and having done more washing of dishes than usual, we were done before 1, and that included a pizza break in the middle.

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, Apr 19 2017, 9:04 am
We went to bed by midnight. We both worked together but took plenty of breaks. All our pesach stuff was cleaned and dried and put away. But all our chometz food is not back yet. Chometz dishes we leave in their place and just close up.
I also wash most ofnour dishes on YT because I can't stand the mess and don't want to attract bugs. So theres not so much to wash after.

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Apr 19 2017, 9:04 am
OP here.

Anyone else have lots of sleep-over company for Y"T, including large families, and used all their dishes second days, and went to sleep early?

If yes, how?

Iymnok

Post Wed, Apr 19 2017, 9:11 am
Clean all pots and appliance parts before yomtov. Wash dishes and serving dishes during yomtov to minimize the washing motzei y"t.
Keep everything as neat as possible.
Have a sensible order and method of storage for your pesach things so you don't have to reinvent the wheel each year.
Start cleaning up immediately after havdalla. Even if you have guests. (They might even help!)
Enlist help! Anyone old enough to be up and half sane could help.
If you have helpers, have a pizza or ice cream break.

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Apr 19 2017, 9:14 am
3 Adults clean/pack up/get back chometz gear. One adult goes to supermarket to re-stock. Everyone done at 11:45. The motto is "everybody helps, nobody complains." Oh, yeah, and I baked a chometz cake and decorated the dining room for my son's birthday because our out of town company is leaving at noon and wanted to have a birthday breakfast for him.

bigbird

Post Wed, Apr 19 2017, 9:14 am
Iymnok wrote:
Wash dishes and serving dishes during yomtov to minimize the washing motzei y"t.
Keep everything as neat as possible.

Is this halachically allowed?
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics