Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Toronto?

amother
Bronze

Post Wed, Apr 19 2017, 6:29 pm
We are looking into Toronto. If u can tell me anything abt this place would be very help .oh and would to know abt the chassidishe community there.

amother
Cobalt

Post Wed, Apr 19 2017, 8:45 pm
amother wrote:
We are looking into Toronto. If u can tell me anything abt this place would be very help .oh and would to know abt the chassidishe community there.

This place is in Canada. Do you or your DH have a work visa? I assume you are not coming from Quebec.

amother
Bronze

Post Wed, Apr 19 2017, 8:46 pm
Actually we are in Canada.

amother
Cobalt

Post Wed, Apr 19 2017, 8:56 pm
amother wrote:
Actually we are in Canada.

Okay. What do you want to know? Its expensive to live here. There is a strong Chassidishe community.

amother
Bronze

Post Wed, Apr 19 2017, 8:59 pm
Mostly I would appreciate to hear about the chassidishe ppl schools, chedarim, which chassides ....etc

amother
Blonde

Post Thu, Apr 20 2017, 1:44 am
It's very expensive to buy a house now in Toronto, about 1.5 million or higher for a small 3 bedroom bungalow in not such great shape (considered a 'tear down' here) Apartments in the 'chasidishe' area are harder to come by. Also pretty costly.

There's one boys elementary option - the Bobov Cheder. There's one girls elementary option, I believe it's called Bais Chinuch this year. They struggle and for the last few years it's been taken over and changes names and location every year. There's also the Bais Yaakov Elementary school as an option too.

High schools - boys there's Mishkan L'Torah and for girls there's Bnos Bais Yaakov.

Toronto isn't the warmest of communities to break into but in the chasidishe communities the people are much nicer and warmer to be honest.

Hatzlachah!

Cmon be nice

Post Thu, Apr 20 2017, 5:06 am
Besides Chabad, which is basically everywhere in the world, the only official Chassidish shul in town in Bobov (and probably the only Bobov that didn't split into 2). My inlaws daven there and its a very warm place. Other then that there are other chassidish shuls; The boat shul and R Adler come to mind, but they aren't a specific chassidish. PM me for more info if you want

itsmeima

Post Mon, Aug 06 2018, 7:41 am
May I ask... Did you end up moving to Toronto? I'd love to hear your thoughts since we're considering moving there...

Thanks Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating