Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
Twin Bar Mitzvah advice wanted

toastedbagel

Post Thu, Apr 20 2017, 1:52 am
Looking for ideas of what people have done for a twin Bar Mitzvah, I'm making one in 5 months iyH.

One twin is very musical and confident and a strong reader, wants to Daven Mussaf as well as Lein. Wondering how to keep things balanced so he doesn't outshine his brother. We've pretty much decided to give the less confident/musical twin the Haftarah, as that is what our Shul will consider the real big deal, so it will help balance things out, while incidentally being easier to do than actual leining which has no nekudos or punctuation. (They will both Lein some of the Parsha from the Sefer Torah, kid not doing Maftir will do more.)

Also we are Chabad so the Bar Mitzvah boy recites a Maamer Baal Peh. My husband is adamant that they each do the full length like any other Bar Mitzvah boy, not split it just because they are twins. I'm just wondering how to keep the guests from being bored through two recitations, leading to talking and drowning out whoever is second.

Please share your tips and experience, thank you.

amother
Lemon

Post Thu, Apr 20 2017, 2:00 am
Mazal Tov! Mazal Tov! For the speeches each boy has to give, I'm not sure if this makes sense, but is there anyway to separate it - like not have all speeches one after the other, but like maybe break in between with some music or something?

salt

Post Thu, Apr 20 2017, 2:30 am
Could they recite the maamar together? That way they're both saying the whole thing, but it doesn't take twice the time.

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, Apr 20 2017, 2:33 am
Saw a video presentation explaining the maamer whilst it was being recited to make it more interesting

Chayalle

Post Thu, Apr 20 2017, 10:03 am
My best friend made a triplet Bar Mitzvah last summer. Each of the boys said their own speech, but there was a connected theme to all three of them. No one was bored - they were so adorable, it was fun to just watch them do it (and a once-in-a-lifetime experience....)

toastedbagel

Post Thu, Apr 20 2017, 11:07 am
amother wrote:
Saw a video presentation explaining the maamer whilst it was being recited to make it more interesting

Would you remember who had this?

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, Apr 20 2017, 4:00 pm
I will pm you
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more