Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Spinoff: Does the 5 in 1 DTaP contain more toxin than 3in1?

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, Apr 20 2017, 6:31 pm
Any educated people here? Google doesn't seem to be helpful. I don't know where else to turn to.

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, Apr 20 2017, 6:33 pm
I gave the 3 in 1. I hope its indeed a better option than the 5 in 1 (dtap plus polio and hep b)

cnc

Post Thu, Apr 20 2017, 6:33 pm
Did you check Dr. Sears book? I'll try to get to it later and see if he provides that information.

amother
Smokey

Post Thu, Apr 20 2017, 7:03 pm
There are no toxins in the vaccine. They are toxoids.

DTaP in combination, or alone, contains the same ratio/amount of diptheria and tetanus toxiods as well as FHA, PRN and PT. The TdaP is the one that changes the ratio/amounts.

The only difference is this combination vaccine is given in a single injection rather than in three which mean fewer injections for a child making it less uncomfortable.

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, Apr 20 2017, 8:13 pm
cnc wrote:
Did you check Dr. Sears book? I'll try to get to it later and see if he provides that information.

Thanks! I appreciate it.

Chana Miriam S

Post Thu, Apr 20 2017, 8:34 pm
amother wrote:
There are no toxins in the vaccine. They are toxoids.

DTaP in combination, or alone, contains the same ratio/amount of diptheria and tetanus toxiods as well as FHA, PRN and PT. The TdaP is the one that changes the ratio/amounts.

The only difference is this combination vaccine is given in a single injection rather than in three which mean fewer injections for a child making it less uncomfortable.

Great answer

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Apr 20 2017, 9:50 pm
Even the 3 in 1s are not created identically. For instance, the Daptacel has 330 micrograms of aluminum while the Infanrix has 625.

Pentacel (DTaP, HiB, and IPV) has higher levels of 2 out of the 4 pertussis components. It also contains polysorbate 80 if that is a concern of yours.
Pediarix (DTaP, Hep B, and IPV) has 850 micrograms of aluminum.

I am not sure what it is you're seeking to find information about, but I hope some of this helps you. This is from Dr. Sears.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics