Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Is this cute or nerdy?
1  2  3  Next

amother
Pumpkin

Post Fri, Apr 21 2017, 5:37 am
https://www.aliexpress.com/ite.....0KUOD

It's Tommy Hilfiger and my friend's friend who bought it says it seems to be genuine. It's marked 49.50, so this is a really great price. But is it nerdy?

sprayonlove

Post Fri, Apr 21 2017, 5:41 am
I think it's cute, but personally for 15 bucks I'd rather get an outfit from carters. But if you like it and the price is good for you, get it. Overalls are a classic.

Iymnok

Post Fri, Apr 21 2017, 5:41 am
I think it's cute, but would diaper changing be annoying?

amother
Pumpkin

Post Fri, Apr 21 2017, 5:46 am
sprayonlove wrote:
I think it's cute, but personally for 15 bucks I'd rather get an outfit from carters. But if you like it and the price is good for you, get it. Overalls are a classic.

It's 9.60 from a different seller. I didn't look at the price when I posted the link. Is Carter's better than Tommy Hilfiger?

amother
Pumpkin

Post Fri, Apr 21 2017, 5:47 am
Iymnok wrote:
I think it's cute, but would diaper changing be annoying?

There are snaps at the crotch for easy diapering.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Fri, Apr 21 2017, 6:07 am
Here it is for 9.49: https://www.aliexpress.com/ite.....54c2d

zaq

Post Fri, Apr 21 2017, 6:15 am
It's for an infant. What difference does it make?

chagru

Post Fri, Apr 21 2017, 6:22 am
It's unlikely that it's real TH, most of their look alikes are very well done copies , doesn't make such a difference, but if you buying it cause it's TH , just saying

amother
Pumpkin

Post Fri, Apr 21 2017, 6:39 am
zaq wrote:

Long story, but this particular infant is scrutinized by many secular professionals who see him as an example of how frum people treat their kids. So he has to be clean and well dressed at all times.

mommy3b2c

Post Fri, Apr 21 2017, 7:54 am
It is nerdy, but I doubt secular professionals would notice that.

mommy3b2c

Post Fri, Apr 21 2017, 7:55 am
zaq wrote:

Lots of people care that their children should be dressed stylish. I personally care very much.

Simple1

Post Fri, Apr 21 2017, 7:56 am
amother wrote:
Long story, but this particular infant is scrutinized by many secular professionals who see him as an example of how frum people treat their kids. So he has to be clean and well dressed at all times.

If this is the reason, anything new, clean, and well fitting will do. And weather appropriate.

Its a cute classic, but not trendy. If as mentioned above, it's a copy, then I don't care for the "H". I'd either get the "real" thing, or something that's not trying to copy and cute in its own right.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Fri, Apr 21 2017, 8:25 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
It is nerdy, but I doubt secular professionals would notice that.

Perhaps not, but I care for myself too. Just how nerdy is it? I assume you wouldn't put it on your baby?

tsc3

Post Fri, Apr 21 2017, 8:32 am
Nerdy.

mommy3b2c

Post Fri, Apr 21 2017, 8:42 am
amother wrote:
Perhaps not, but I care for myself too. Just how nerdy is it? I assume you wouldn't put it on your baby?

No I would not put it on my baby. But if you like, then buy it.

DrMom

Post Fri, Apr 21 2017, 8:43 am
amother wrote:

Why are "secular professionals" scrutinizing your child's clothing? Who cares what they think? Are these secular *fashion* professionals?

FWIW, it looks (to me anyway), like the fabric might be stiff, rather than soft and cuddly.

But I'm not secular, so perhaps my opinion is not relevant here.

Why don't you post this same question on a secular forum if you want secular opinions?

amother
Pumpkin

Post Fri, Apr 21 2017, 8:52 am
DrMom wrote:
Why are "secular professionals" scrutinizing your child's clothing? Who cares what they think? Are these secular *fashion* professionals?

FWIW, it looks (to me anyway), like the fabric might be stiff, rather than soft and cuddly.

But I'm not secular, so perhaps my opinion is not relevant here.

Why don't you post this same question on a secular forum if you want secular opinions?

Not sure what got your goat here, but I don't want "secular opinions." I was just explaining why I care how my baby dresses. Call it avoiding chillul Hashem, if you wish. This is not the time and place to go into detail.

Iymnok

Post Fri, Apr 21 2017, 8:56 am
amother wrote:
Not sure what got your goat here, but I don't want "secular opinions." I was just explaining why I care how my baby dresses. Call it avoiding chillul Hashem, if you wish. This is not the time and place to go into detail.

If that's the case, go with neat and put together rather than nerdy vs stylish.
I love overalls because they are a cute classic style.
If you will be around more trendy people, choose something trendier. But you're baby will look adorable in this.

Add cute socks or robeez.

amother
Taupe

Post Fri, Apr 21 2017, 9:25 am
Nerdy
Sorry

cm

Post Fri, Apr 21 2017, 10:08 am
Overalls and polo shirts are classic. No problem with the general style.

I don't care for prominent logos (the designer should pay the wearer for all that advertising!) and especially not fake logos.

Not sure what "cute" and "nerdy" mean on this website. If by "cute" you mean adorable and age-appropriate for a young child, the outfit is just fine. If it means super-fashionable in a way that the most discriminating fashionistas would approve - probably not, with a fake logo.

If you are trying to give a good impression of Jewish child-rearing, a clean, happy, comfortably-dressed child will be an excellent ambassador. A child wearing a scratchy, stiff, uncomfortable outfit will not. As far as whether or not the viewer will appreciate seeing designer clothing on a baby - that will vary tremendously. As they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics