Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Birkenstock

amother
Taupe

Post Fri, Apr 21 2017, 8:30 am
My mom always wore crocs. 2 weeks ago she slipped (again) and broke her ankle
She doesn't wanna wear her crocs anymore . She said they are too slippery
I wanna get her birkenstock as a present but there are so many kinds . Want something comfortable that doesn't slip. (Not flip flops)
Could anyone recommend a good style? Links would he appreciated

Thanks

MagentaYenta

Post Fri, Apr 21 2017, 9:57 am
All Birks have the same soles. None of their soles are non slip. I've had closed back Birks as well as open back, and all have the same propensity to slip on wet or slick floors and pavements. Here's their website so you can check out the styles. Perhaps somethings have changed since I last bought a pair.
http://www.birkenstock.com/us?.....S4PKQ

seeker

Post Fri, Apr 21 2017, 11:57 am
Crocs makes a line with non slip soles. Not as much selection as the regular ones but so worth it safety-wise. I they're called crocs at work or something like that. Nice and grippy.

Amarante

Post Fri, Apr 21 2017, 1:39 pm
Birkies may not be comfortable for your mother depending on her feet. I bought some from zappos and they were horrendously uncomfortable as were the Mephistos I also tried. I have a lowish arch and so shoes with high arch support built into the shoe are extremely painful.

I found Alegria shoes to be much more forgiving as the insole has more give. They have all styles of shoes

https://www.alegriashoeshop.com

For just plain comfort, I love Traveltime by Easy Spirit. They are so immediately comfortable that I wear them around th house like a slipper but they are also great outside. They have a sneaker sole so they are nonslip. I've never had issues. I used to go barefoot in the house but the Traveltime are more comfortable than barefoot because they have the padding.

amother
Bisque

Post Fri, Apr 21 2017, 1:43 pm
I love the Arizona sandal from Birkenstock.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 5:26 am
Does anyone know how the Arizona sandal runs.
I am a size 7.5 and will be wearing them with socks .
Should I order the 7-7.5 OR the 8-8.5?

Amelia Bedelia

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 7:16 am
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:
Does anyone know how the Arizona sandal runs.
I am a size 7.5 and will be wearing them with socks .
Should I order the 7-7.5 OR the 8-8.5?
I always buy a half size or full size bigger when buying slipper-like shoes. Otherwise, my heel keeps on stepping on the edge and it's uncomfortable. Can anyone relate? So I would go up a size. Then again, I never tried Birkenstocks.

happy chick

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 7:22 am
I find the inside soles of Birkenstocks to be slippery. With cotton socks, my feet slide out of the slipper very easily.

chili-n-cholent

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 9:11 am
I've been wearing Birkenstocks for years, they make a special model called soft footbed (it is 30$ more) but its sooo worth it, I can wear them from the first moment I take them out and they are so supportive, my back used to kill in Crocs especially when I was pregnant but with the birkenstocks I really haven't felt it, I'm usually a size 7.5 and I always order the 38, the straps are adjustable so you can make it as comfy as you'd like, I don't find them slippery at home but if you're going out with them its definitely a bit slippery
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics