Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
Work at Home Ideas-Desperate!! Please help!
1  2  3  Next

artsy

Post Sat, Apr 22 2017, 9:37 pm
For Various Reasons Which I Cannot Specify I Am Desperate For Work At Home Ideas that will bring in decent income! I am hoping that Imamothers can help me out.. If anybody thinks they can help me out I can pm you more details about my work experience. I work in the Education field and am no longer able to work outside of the house and yet must bring in income.

seeker

Post Sat, Apr 22 2017, 9:59 pm
Education + home = online tutoring?

artsy

Post Sat, Apr 22 2017, 10:12 pm
Thanks don't think it pays much and I forgot to state that I am really not looking for something in the field of education. Either an out of the box idea (like some kind of business) that I can work flexible hours (but can't invest any money) or some computer work (but my computer skills are very limited). Maybe someone can advise me what are most useful computer skills to learn for employment and best/easiest way to learn.

seeker

Post Sat, Apr 22 2017, 10:15 pm
Most work-from-home jobs with no initial investment and limited computer skills and not in your field of experience... aren't going to pay much.

I'm hopeful you can find something that meets your needs but just responding to your first comment with a slight reality check.

artsy

Post Sat, Apr 22 2017, 10:40 pm
Yes, I realize this.

But I am an educated person with an advanced degree and a lot of strong skills. I am very organized, a good proofreader, have great attention to detail, and many other important skills. I might be able to invest a small amount of time/money in a course or program but very limited as I need to be bringing in money asap extremely important.

seeker

Post Sat, Apr 22 2017, 10:42 pm
So if you're a good proofreader, that's something you should be able to do from home...no?

momofone613

Post Sat, Apr 22 2017, 10:52 pm
Daycare from home?

CatLady

Post Sat, Apr 22 2017, 11:24 pm
What about teaching ESL online, through a program like vipkid?

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sat, Apr 22 2017, 11:46 pm
I don't know where you live but I think that in Brooklyn and lakewood (NJ) girls high schools pay to grade exams. Finals are coming up so that might be something for you.

amother
Honeydew

Post Sat, Apr 22 2017, 11:47 pm
[removed]

artsy

Post Sun, Apr 23 2017, 12:19 am
I am very good at proofreading and editing
but doesn't mean I am a proofreader.
And not so easy to break into any field you don't have proven experience with.
I took a small job once but had to teach myself a lot of things about sending corrections and programs to make corrections while I was doing the job. Just saying it is not so simple as just making corrections. You have to be a bit more polished.

Whoever made the latest comment on this post very disappointing that someone would post such a inappropriate response. Don't find any humor in it.

Any other real suggestions/advice?

agreer

Post Sun, Apr 23 2017, 12:21 am
amother wrote:
[removed]

Troll much?

amother
Mint

Post Sun, Apr 23 2017, 12:31 am
Buying and reselling on Amazon or eBay
Online teaching ( look at k12)

artsy

Post Sun, Apr 23 2017, 12:34 am
I tried selling on ebay...started with things I have around the house.
It is a good idea and I appreciate it. But I honestly didn't sell that many things and whatever I did sell didn't make that much money especially with shipping costs.

amother
Gold

Post Sun, Apr 23 2017, 12:36 am
amother wrote:
[removed]

[removed]

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Apr 23 2017, 12:42 am
Advanced degree but no computer skills? In this day & age seems 2 be a requirement no? Term pprs & the like??????

TwinsMommy

Post Sun, Apr 23 2017, 12:45 am
No direct sales posts yet? You may have to invest 100 to 200 but you can make that back and more the first week if you're willing to do the work.

artsy

Post Sun, Apr 23 2017, 12:48 am
I have strong basic computer skills.
Just don't know programs like quickbooks, excel, powerpoint.
Don't need those to write term papers.
And I don't know what is required today but I didn't say when I received my advanced degree.

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Apr 23 2017, 1:31 am
What about helping students write papers? People pay a lot of money for that. A lot of frum college students have a hard time writing college level papers. Do you think you'd be good at resume writing? Ive done that for a few friends (as a favor but I know people pay for that as well).

artsy

Post Sun, Apr 23 2017, 1:37 am
I have thought about term papers -even editing them but don't know where to get started with that. And resume writing-good idea also but that would be a really side job and I am in need of real income.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers