Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Tzfat

amother
Smokey

Post Sat, Apr 22 2017, 9:48 pm
Any ladies in Tzfat that can give insight on life there now that more people are open to moving there? I here a lot is changing. Schools? Shuls? Housing (I know cheaper but other than that)..... We are Sephardic.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Apr 23 2017, 4:45 am
Neighborhoods are divided by community, Breslov, Chabad, MO, Charedi, etc. Lots of Sephardim throughout. Hippies and spiritual seekers, too. Schools are also divided by community. Nefesh b'Nefesh website has lots of detailed info.

I hope you like exercise. Everything is uphill, with stairs everywhere! It is not what you would call "handicap accessible".

Housing in the old city can be expensive, if not impossible to find. In the summer the old city is clogged with tourists, music festivals, and noise all night long.

If you want a quiet life, look at Ma'alot or Nahariya. Much cheaper housing, good schools, and right on the bus line to Tzfat any time you want to visit.

Tzfat is an amazing, very spiritual place. I love to visit there, but it's not for everyone. Do as much research as possible. Stay there for a week and see how well you get around, get groceries, etc.

Are you already Israeli? That can make a big difference, too. If you're making Aliyah, it can be a rough landing. You might want to pick an easier community first.

(I wanted to move to Tzfat, but decided on Nahariya instead, and I've never regretted it.)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating