Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Pesach hotel, without the hotel
Previous  1  2

sky

Post Mon, Mar 14 2016, 11:33 am
I don't know too much about it but what about Pesach for Less program.

http://www.pesachforless.com/2016/photos.html

Its less expensive and I've heard it draws a less fancy crowd but is still nicely done. Not as much programs or concerts as the more expensive programs, but it doesn't sound like you are looking for that.

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Mar 14 2016, 11:53 am
Do not go to pesach for less! As someone modern orthodox I was very uncomfortable there! I can only imagine how someone non orthodox would be treated. I have heard good things about ocean place hotel in NJ. If you would go to Florida, there are many programs that have a large contingent of both orthodox and non orthodox, and anything goes in terms of both behavior and dress without a judgmental attitude. Also many hotels in mexico and Puerto Rico attract a mixed crowd.

amother
Jade

Post Mon, Mar 14 2016, 1:10 pm
I've been to Ocean Place. It is down to earth, given the fact that you are at a Pesach hotel. It is a mixed crowd. I think that my non frum relatives would be comfortable there.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Mar 15 2016, 4:32 pm
amother wrote:
I've been to Ocean Place. It is down to earth, given the fact that you are at a Pesach hotel. It is a mixed crowd. I think that my non frum relatives would be comfortable there.

Is this Matzah tours?

mfb

Post Tue, May 03 2016, 8:33 pm
Curious what u did op, and if it worked out for your family?

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, May 03 2016, 10:25 pm
We stayed home!!
And reduced the number of people who came.
Was a lot of work, but went well b"H.

But I'm on the lookout for something like this for next year when we may have more people...

amother
Navy

Post Sun, Apr 23 2017, 1:44 am
I know this is a last year's post. Has anyone bought pomegranate take out pessach? Or other top hechsher? Which one? Because if I can buy full take out like everything zroah lokshelech. I would stay home.

amother
Natural

Post Sun, Apr 23 2017, 2:54 am
amother wrote:
I know this is a last year's post. Has anyone bought pomegranate take out pessach? Or other top hechsher? Which one? Because if I can buy full take out like everything zroah lokshelech. I would stay home.

May I ask what zroah lukshelech are?
It's such a cute name. I want to add it to our family dictionary. Thanks

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Apr 23 2017, 9:15 am
amother wrote:

I bought some stuff from pomegranate. They had zroah and possibly egg noodles. I have their menu that they emailed to me.

mirisimma

Post Sat, Mar 03 2018, 10:46 pm
Hello, I know it's been a few years since OP posted, but I thought I might chime in, in case your less observant family is still interested. We once went to the rye Hilton in NY. We spoke extensively to the mashgiach and the kashrus appeared very much in order. The crowd was very mixed. Classy but down to earth. Many people who could afford a retreat but wanted to be close to work on chol hamoed. Multiple minyanim, and options to dine in semi private and fully private or fully shared dining facilities. Look into it

Ruchel

Post Sun, Mar 04 2018, 7:01 am
I thought of the bungalows. I saw an ad, 26 euros a day, in France can't remember where. Certainly very casual, but it went out very fast.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics