Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
Work at Home Ideas-Desperate!! Please help!
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Apr 23 2017, 1:37 am
purplepink wrote:
I am very good at proofreading and editing
but doesn't mean I am a proofreader.
And not so easy to break into any field you don't have proven experience with.
I took a small job once but had to teach myself a lot of things about sending corrections and programs to make corrections while I was doing the job. Just saying it is not so simple as just making corrections. You have to be a bit more polished.

Whoever made the latest comment on this post very disappointing that someone would post such a inappropriate response. Don't find any humor in it.

Any other real suggestions/advice?

Lighten up.... Its Bain HaZmanim...

LisaS

Post Sun, Apr 23 2017, 1:48 am
purplepink wrote:
don't know where to get started with that

Start by posting up advertisements, at schools and on community forums.

artsy

Post Sun, Apr 23 2017, 1:59 am
thanks. I appreciate everyone's suggestions.
All suggestions are appreciated.

amother
Seashell

Post Sun, Apr 23 2017, 2:23 am
purplepink wrote:
I tried selling on ebay...started with things I have around the house.
It is a good idea and I appreciate it. But I honestly didn't sell that many things and whatever I did sell didn't make that much money especially with shipping costs.

Another possibly better option for reselling ur stuff, check out letgo.com, u don't pay them anything n consumers r local pick up

amother
Slategray

Post Sun, Apr 23 2017, 2:37 am
Deleted

artsy

Post Sun, Apr 23 2017, 2:42 am
Only real replies please.
And others need to remove themselves from this post.

Moderators should take note.

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Apr 23 2017, 7:08 am
purplepink wrote:
Only real replies please.
And others need to remove themselves from this post.

Moderators should take note.

[removed]

ora_43

Post Sun, Apr 23 2017, 9:20 am
purplepink wrote:
And not so easy to break into any field you don't have proven experience with.

But previously you said you don't want to work in education, which is the field you do have experience in. If you don't want something old or something new, what's left?

I'm not trying to be snarky. You're probably not going to get useful advice unless/until you make it clear what the skills are you DO want to use.

As for learning computer skills, try GCFLearnFree, they have free tutorials on excel, powerpoint, etc. But really, just google "how to .... in (program)" and you can learn anything you don't know. All of the common computer programs have several advice forums, tutorials, etc, online.

artsy

Post Sun, Apr 23 2017, 10:14 am
I appreciate the feedback. In terms of not wanting to do something old, not wanting to do something new. I would say that there might be some possibility in field of Education but it has to be very technical, like editing papers. And I don't know if I would be able to grade higher grade levels, without very specific instructions. So I don't see a lot of options in the "something old" Education field

Something new I am opened to I am just looking for someone to give me some specific direction in how to get started, how feasible it really is to gain work, etc. I am definitely opened. Either from someone's personal experience they did it themselves or them have solid reasons to believe it is a good possibility for me. (Just a random example, if you take this editing course or sign up for this site you have a good chance of getting the support you would need to start some editing jobs).

Or such and such type are good items to sell on ebay or on a clothing site.

Or a certain type of job more likely to be open to let me work at home once they train me/are pleased with me.

Or I am not suited to doing shaitels and don't know how much people make, but some type of job like that where I can offer a service from my house.

Some job involving technology that is simple to start out with (transcribing but not medical type because I would have to take significant course and don't think it pays much)-correct me if I am wrong.

Virtual assisitant but don't know how to find a position and how likely it is.
Again need to be making I would say at least $25-$30 an hour. Or at least $400 a week and for part time work.

Something that I can rent out to people?

I think even if I learn computer skills it seems that it is assumed at most positions you have them and you only make like $12-$15 hour if even that and I need to be making more than that.

I am not being picky but again for various reasons I am unable to do anytime of daycare in my home.

artsy

Post Sun, Apr 23 2017, 10:18 am
I know there are a couple typos in my previous post. Just saw as I did not re-read before sending. I don't want anyone to say anything about my previous statement that I am good at proofreading, as I am very good just sent this off quickly.

Again, anyone who responds genuinely to my post should be rewarded for your efforts to try to help me.

artsy

Post Sun, Apr 23 2017, 11:01 am
I also like photography but again don't have the technical knowledge of using more than a regular digital camera (I once took photography many years ago in school but forgot it all). I sometimes see teenagers photograph simchas and think I could do that. But again, I need more of a segway into that. Not so good at selling myself. And need a steady income.

seeker

Post Sun, Apr 23 2017, 1:29 pm
Again apologies for the rough reality check but given your responses to previous posts it doesn't look like you will be able to make $25-30 per hour working from home on a flexible schedule, excluding tutoring, outside your field of expertise, with no other specialized skill.

Would love to be proven wrong but I'm just not seeing it.

A better bet would be to stop finding excuses why every single thing won't work for you, and try finding one thing that you can dedicate to finding ways to make it work. For example, you said above that 1) you are good at proofreading, 2) you are open to a small investment in learning new skills, but 3) you can't/won't do proofreading because it requires skills you don't have yet. Then you also say 1) you need money ASAP, 2) you're not sure how to get it, but 3) you won't take a job earning $12-15 an hour.

You need to start somewhere...

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Apr 23 2017, 2:12 pm
Can u babysit. Make a playgroup. Tutor. Write articles for magazines.

myname1

Post Sun, Apr 23 2017, 2:28 pm
If you're any good at Math or Science, I'd say textbook editing or test writing. I say if you're good at Math and Science because I know those areas are often looking for good writers and editors. If there's another area or language you know well, you can look at indeed.com or monster.com and search something like "test writor" or "textbook editor." Or look for a publishing house in your area and ask if they have freelance opportunities. They can put you on a list of freelancers and contact you if work that might suit you becomes available. They are often looking for retired and/or burnt-out teachers, even for Elementary School books.

amother4

Post Sun, Apr 23 2017, 3:03 pm
Medical transcription might be an idea. It takes a few months to learn and an investment of some money for the course. I'm also not sure what openings there are currently in this field. However once your typing speeds up you can earn $20-25 per hour. Lots of hatzlacha. May Hashem put the right idea in your mind and bless you from His open and bountiful hand.

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Apr 23 2017, 5:04 pm
I sent you a PM.

fish

Post Sun, Apr 23 2017, 8:26 pm
What abput selling baked goods? A number of ppl in my community do that.

crbc

Post Sun, Apr 23 2017, 9:09 pm
If you have time you can try the following: go to indeed.com, put in word "remote " for what job title, and leave where blank, look up the results, most will be nothing, but a few might be something you can apply to, you can also try putting "telecommute" or "from home" instead of remote. Once you see you like certain type of jobs , look for them directly, also go into actual company sites and apply for similar positions.

https://www.indeed.com/m/jobs?.....=home

Also look into large insurance companies, like Cigna, United health and Aetna , a lot of their jobs are online , and I am pretty sure their support personnel is online as well
Good luck!

Catcher

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 1:23 am
Although I do not believe in the business model, what about network marketing / multi-level marketing? I know many people for whom it has been a viable income-producing avenue. I know a couple of people who have made a lot of money out of it. Granted, you have to be very very motivated and determined, and quite business-savvy. You don't need any specific skills, except for basic computer skills, and perhaps e-marketing skills which you can learn online.

There may be an initial capital investment.

Its definitely not for everybody, and you have to trust the products and the company you get involved with, but it's definitely something you can do at home and with a lot of flexibility.

seeker

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 1:59 am
I actually am part of a network-marketing business myself, but I didn't bring it up because it's never going to work for someone who keeps finding excuses why things won't work. It also isn't quick hourly cash, the people I know who made a lot of money in it took some time to build up and put in a lot of time and energy. And enthusiasm and positive attitude. It's a great job for those who do it well, but as in all other professions wishful thinking will not get you anywhere.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers