Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Please recommend a great pediatrician at Refuah in Rocklans

amother
Violet

Post Sat, Apr 22 2017, 9:19 pm
Hi.
I'm new to Rockland and need to find a pediatrician ASAP.
I am considering refuah because it is close to me, but open to other options.
What I am looking for:

-Excellent diagnostic abilities
-Compassionate and patient
-natural minded and/or tolerant of my limited medical intervention decisions for my children (I don't need a Dr. Who supports that I don't vaccinate, but will tolerate it.
I did my extensive research and habe my reasonings. We are NOT going to discuss the rights and wrongs of my decisions here. Please open your own thread for that)
-Non condescending
- efficient, organized, orderly and clean
- staff that are easy to work with and compentent (putting in requests for insurance, needing letters, rx, etc. As I have a special needs child and need this stuff often)

My kids have: Fidelis, private insurance (Oscar) and straight Medicaid.

What does not matter to me:
- male or female
- observant/non observant
- modern office (Just needs to be clean)

Please chime in and help me out here, all input appreciated.
When mentioning a MD, please tell me what you like best about them.

Thank you so much!

amother
Blonde

Post Sat, Apr 22 2017, 9:55 pm
I use dr. Esther bekritzky at williamsburg pediatrics. She is amazing!!!! (The doctors are all pretty good but she is my primary one there) I don't vaccinate. Never gave me any issues.

amother
Gold

Post Sat, Apr 22 2017, 10:23 pm
Dr. Esther Muschell is absolutely amazing. She has a great bedside manner, takes parental concerns seriously, and creates a relationship, following up on the patient to make sure he/she is doing okay.

HOWEVER, she only sees patients that will be vaccinated, not because SHE cares, but because of pressure from outside forces.

Dr. Benham is a bit more natural-minded, so people like that about him.

And Dr. Fishkind is a quirky, interesting, and highly intelligent doctor that will really discuss issues with a parent.

amother
Slategray

Post Sat, Apr 22 2017, 11:07 pm
amother wrote:
Dr. Esther Muschell is absolutely amazing. She has a great bedside manner, takes parental concerns seriously, and creates a relationship, following up on the patient to make sure he/she is doing okay.

HOWEVER, she only sees patients that will be vaccinated, not because SHE cares, but because of pressure from outside forces.

Dr. Benham is a bit more natural-minded, so people like that about him.

And Dr. Fishkind is a quirky, interesting, and highly intelligent doctor that will really discuss issues with a parent.

I agree with the assessment of the first two doctors mention but the third doctor is extremely condescending and rude. Several of my friends say the same.
It is extremely hard to see the pediatrician that you like because the appointment usually fill up very fast. Other pediatrician are always available but it might not be the one you'd like to see. That is not one of the strong points there.
Ask other if they think this is correct or this is not their experience

tweety1

Post Sat, Apr 22 2017, 11:29 pm
I second Dr bekritzky. Dr kiffel too.

amother
Gold

Post Sun, Apr 23 2017, 12:06 am
I think Dr. Fishkind is misunderstood.

I don't find him rude; I think he has a sense of humor that others don't pick up on.

I find that he is ready to discuss issues indepth when you prove yourself knowledgeable. Perhaps he is a good doctor of for the more well-researched parent. It could be that for the parent that needs extra guidance finds him hard to follow and condescending.

That hasn't been my experience at all.

amother
Plum

Post Sun, Apr 23 2017, 2:16 am
You will not find a doctor at Refuah that tolerates non-vaccination.

So much so that my cousin wanted to make an appointment in order to vaccinate but because the kid was behind schedule, they didn't allow her to make the appointment. Exclamation Only after major protektzia (cuz her DH is skver), did they finally push her in...

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sun, Apr 23 2017, 4:55 am
Refuah has a list of doctors that will accept non vaccinated kids. I use Dr Rachel Tehrani. She is a PA . She is very patient and so far I have been very happy with her treatment. She works at the two main locations different days of the week.

amother
Slategray

Post Sun, Apr 23 2017, 8:52 am
amother wrote:
I think Dr. Fishkind is misunderstood.

I don't find him rude; I think he has a sense of humor that others don't pick up on.

I find that he is ready to discuss issues indepth when you prove yourself knowledgeable. Perhaps he is a good doctor of for the more well-researched parent. It could be that for the parent that needs extra guidance finds him hard to follow and condescending.

That hasn't been my experience at all.

I'm sure he has a full schedule and people are happy to see him otherwise he would be out of a job. I however don't look for a repeat of someone raising their voice at me.
Regardless refuah is not know for their personal care more for ease of seeing a doctor quickly at any hour and access to specialty doctors.

amother
Violet

Post Sun, Apr 23 2017, 9:34 pm
Anyone know which MD at refuah tolerate no vaccines?

Perhaps I should consider a smaller practice.
(Where I moved from , it was a 1 MD office, and I loved it)
Any recommendations for that?
With the qualities I am looking for...
I live in Spring Valley.

Thank you all for your imput!

Blessing1

Post Sun, Apr 23 2017, 9:39 pm
Refua has a policy that they don't see non vaccinated kids. It doesn't depend on the doctor, it's a health center policy.

amother
Orange

Post Sun, Apr 23 2017, 10:35 pm
I use Dr. Yehuda Seif. He has his own practice which I don't think is very common anymore. He's a great doctor. He explains things clearly and gives you time and attention. He takes Fidelis. I don't know what he would say about the vaccines. His number is 845-357-7766
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics