Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
American citizens, with Israeli passports please help

Maryann

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 10:11 am
Hi, we are going to Israel for a few weeks, we all have American passports obviously but bc my husband was born in Israel he has Israeli passport also.
So my kids need Israeli passports too.

My question is if we travel to Israel on our American passport then when we arrive they said they will tell us to go straight away to misrad hapnim to get Israeli passports for the kids.
Does anyone know if we don't get passports for the kids will they not let us return to USA? Tia

Dollyz

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 10:16 am
My husband has an Israeli passport. He only shows it when leaving. they haven't told us when leaving that we need one for dd.

Iymnok

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 10:17 am
I don't think it's a problem. A problem arises when someone is of draft age. Like a year in Israel post high school.

Maryann

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 10:21 am
Thanks dollysz when u enter Israel he shows his American?

Dollyz

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 10:24 am
He always shows his American when we go in (and keeps the Israeli one close, in case they ask, so far they haven't).
Can update you again once we fly home tomorrow night Smile

Dollyz

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 10:26 am
Oh, and they still haven't caught on that my mom's an Israeli citizen too. I never got an Israeli passport.

Maryann

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 10:59 am
Thanks dollysz! Have a safe flight and let me know what happens.

So if I'm understanding you correctly my husband can really just show his American coming in and going out? (even though it says born in jerusalem?)

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 12:13 pm
I show my Israeli passport when leaving Israel, and my American passport when landing in America. Vice versa on the way back.

DD is an American citizen/ Israeli resident. She has an American passport with entry/exit visas in it.

(Don't ask why she's a resident and not a citizen. It's a crazy story with the Jewish Agency, and totally besides the point.)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics